Do you think he thinks he's not upto scratch? Yet again we've been humiliated at home in a CL game. That's now 9 CL games on the trot where we haven't won.

We talk about the bheasts away record in europe, our home record is just as embarassing.

What will it take for this old man to go?

He sounds heartbroken in the post-match interview, but personally I'd like to see Rangers fans getting behind the man till the end of the season because we've still got a great chance of winning the SPL title under his leadership, whereas changing manager mid-season is rarely a good idea.

Whether or not people are right about a need for change in the long term (and they very well could be) I honestly believe that for the remainder of this season sticking with him is our best chance of winning the SPL and gaining the CL bounty again which is more important than anything else given our current situation.

He sounds heartbroken in the post-match interview, but personally I'd like to see Rangers fans getting behind the man till the end of the season because we've still got a great chance of winning the SPL title under his leadership, whereas changing manager mid-season is rarely a good idea.

Now that we're actually at or near the bottom of our long slide, I'll give you that. It seems unlikely now there will be an ownership revolution before the summer and I see nothing more to lose by Walter staying on. Shite, what a mess. Not Smith's mess but Murray's mess.

Now that we're actually at or near the bottom of our long slide, I'll give you that. It seems unlikely now there will be an ownership revolution before the summer and I see nothing more to lose by Walter staying on. Shite, what a mess. Not Smith's mess but Murray's mess.

Thanks Mainflier for the news that we are at or near the bottom. I was frightened we were only half way down. You have brightened me up.:thup:

I feel sorry for him because he has tried to play more attacking at home this year unlike away we have sat back and hit teams on the counter. We could easily do that at home, then Walter will get moaned at anti football etc ( but it worked 2 seasons ago ). Lose-lose situation he is in. He tried a few formations tonight, just the teams we have played have looked a yard fitter sharper and faster than us

i was heart broken watching that performance tonight. I could have cried. Same mistakes by smith as the last home game and the one before that too. Absolute humiliation. .

We need a manager who is going to set some standards on the park.

Tonight was the beginning of the end for Smith. For the club, the fans and the man himself. The club must surely realise that he is not the man to take us forward. the majority of the fans realised this after kanaus if not earlier. And as for walter, hes been waiting on this moment comming for quite a while now.

He came to stabilise the club, which he did to an extent though at a huge financial cost that will haunt us for another decade, but he hasnt taken us any further. We have been stagnant for most of his second duration but we have been blind to fact due to our fortunate UEFA cup run. Getting to that final has turned out to be a milstone round our necks. We should have been a better team for getting there. We got worse. We should have been a better team for winning the league last season. Again we have got worse. Like 90 % of the passes tonight we are going backwards everytime we take a step forward.

Walter has run his course. He should have walked into the sunset with the Spl title in his back pocket in the summer with his head held high. But these will be painful memories that will stay with him for a long time to come.

He wont be pushed, but i think he will be starting to think of the best exit plan for all when he goes to his bed tonight.

Edited by gisabeer