Fair Enough Biggordy if thats your opinion then fine we are all entitled to one and as for being Shalllow

i can tell you that isnt the case and i fully relise the plite the club are in on and off the park but even so that doesnt justify the rapid decline of our peformances in Europe and in my opinion it falls at Walters feet he is the manager and picks the players and the formations he spent the money to bring in these players and cant get the best out of them i will give him credit for at least having the guts to try and go for it last night but from the off we were dire and probably should have lost by more if it wasnt for McGregor in goals.

We really do lack the basics in football it shows all over the team, Whittaker has never stopped a cross in his life

we cant pass, we cant shoot , we have no natural leader on the pitch, Miller has a worse first touch than a baby giraffe and Lee McCulloch should be no where near the reserves never mind 1st on the team sheet every week

Personally i respect Walter but that doesnt mean i have to like what he does he should have stepped down after Tannadice last season.

Also he may have took us to a European final but he has also made us the whipping boys of a group we should be at least competing for 2nd place in we are the laughing stock of Europe right now and the teams confidence is rock bottom because of this and it all comes back to the coaching, what do we actullay teach these players at Murray Park ???

Smiths contract is up in January depending on whether we are under new ownership or not i think it would be best for him to move upstairs and let a younger manager with new ideas freshen things up on and off the park its not all about spending money its about getting the best out of a tired squad low on confidence.

Last night i came so close to leaving early for the 1st time ever but i couldnt do it a few people around me booed the team at full time but i couldnt even bring myself to that either as felt so low and dissapointed and embarressed

the only positve is we can now concentrate fully on the league and taking advantage of the worst Celtic team in years.

I am afraid i believe this is the worst Rangers team i have seen in my life. I also don't think i have ever seen a right back ever playing so poor.:(

[/color]

I am afraid i believe this is the worst Rangers team i have seen in my life. I also don't think i have ever seen a right back ever playing so poor.:(

I'm afraid this is all we've got,and I don't think it's going to get much better soon :(

Could you not realistically argue that the bottom was the end of ECk/PLG and that we're just on the upside of the nadir. It's not pretty, but it's certainly not the lowest point? At least when it comes to onfield matters (well results).

How are we really any better than Eck/PLG? If anything Celtic have just got worse.

Even under Eck we probably wouldn't have got beaten 4-1 by Unirea.

As I've said time and time again, since the end of 02/03 we've been terrible on the whole.

Super Ally your optimism is all great and all but just makes you look ignorant tbh.

Edited by Totti

How are we really any better than Eck/PLG? If anything Celtic have just got worse.

Even under Eck we probably wouldn't have got beaten 4-1 by Unirea.

As I've said time and time again, since the end of 02/03 we've been terrible on the whole.

Super Ally your optimism is all great and all but just makes you look ignorant tbh.

I think that's obvious, we're not 17 points behind Celtic or any points behind anyone else. Saying it's just because Celtic are crap is a cop-out argument. It seems obvious to me that the fact Celtic are not exactly brilliant is a symptom of a Scottish football sickness that the whole game is infected with.

The Unirea point is particularly empty especially considering the very unlucky way we lost the goals. I would bet a lot of money that Unirea would not beat us 4-1 again under Smith. In fact I shouldn't need to remind you they were lucky to get a draw against us at home.

You're trying to make yourself out to be knowledgeable but i can't see how your rambling and insults add any wisdom to the debate.

Saying we've been terrible since we stopped spending �£25M a year more than we earned and since our income has dropped dramatically compared to other leagues is hardly succinct.

Yeah, rbr that is one of the hardest things to acknowledge right now. We're going nowhere fast and we seem to have no-one capable of changing it.

We've been headed this way for some time now and last night was, in my opinion, the last time we will be ashamed of our team's performance in Europe. I actually feel relieved that there are no more European home games this season. I do think he will revert to defensive tactics in Seville however, so we can bow out with a decent result.

Let me say, especially to DJ, that I have never been a fan of Walter Smith but he does have many "admirable" qualities necessary to be a Rangers Manager. However I have never felt confident with his ability to have the team play well and succeed in Europe. Let's be honest, we did carry a fair bit of luck in order to reach Manchester.

For several years now the cracks have had a habit of being continually papered over and now the game is up.

In my opinion, we are now going to enter another "New Era" and I feel positive that we are going to have an exciting few years. Smith was the right man at the right time for us when all things are considered. After wee Dick's departure it was very clear that things were going to change very much for the worse in financial matters and, consequentially,player quality. To cut our cloth accordingly so to speak.

Smith's cautious approach with accent on the defensive rather than the offensive style of play made it a more effective way for our cut-price team to play. He did the same at Scotland, it's easier to defend with inferior players than risk opening up offensively. Just value the players who we played against, and beat, on the European run.

I don't think it right to be over critical of Smith. He brought success on many occasions but I too think he's past it and the time is now right for him to go, but not before things have been settled on the ownership front.

We've been headed this way for some time now and last night was, in my opinion, the last time we will be ashamed of our team's performance in Europe. I actually feel relieved that there are no more European home games this season. I do think he will revert to defensive tactics in Seville however, so we can bow out with a decent result.

Let me say, especially to DJ, that I have never been a fan of Walter Smith but he does have many "admirable" qualities necessary to be a Rangers Manager. However I have never felt confident with his ability to have the team play well and succeed in Europe. Let's be honest, we did carry a fair bit of luck in order to reach Manchester.

For several years now the cracks have had a habit of being continually papered over and now the game is up.

In my opinion, we are now going to enter another "New Era" and I feel positive that we are going to have an exciting few years. Smith was the right man at the right time for us when all things are considered. After wee Dick's departure it was very clear that things were going to change very much for the worse in financial matters and, consequentially,player quality. To cut our cloth accordingly so to speak.

Smith's cautious approach with accent on the defensive rather than the offensive style of play made it a more effective way for our cut-price team to play. He did the same at Scotland, it's easier to defend with inferior players than risk opening up offensively. Just value the players who we played against, and beat, on the European run.

I don't think it right to be over critical of Smith. He brought success on many occasions but I too think he's past it and the time is now right for him to go, but not before things have been settled on the ownership front.

I think you're both right and wrong. Right that we will enter a new era - wrong that it will be anything like we've seen before and certainly nothing like the revolution of the Souness years. We'll never see that sort of turn around again. Our new era will be very subdued and it might take quite a while (years) to see any difference. To think this will be our last embarrassment in Europe is beyond optimistic thinking, it's cloud cuckoo land.

I think you're both right and wrong. Right that we will enter a new era - wrong that it will be anything like we've seen before and certainly nothing like the revolution of the Souness years. We'll never see that sort of turn around again. Our new era will be very subdued and it might take quite a while (years) to see any difference. To think this will be our last embarrassment in Europe is beyond optimistic thinking, it's cloud cuckoo land.

Bang on Maineflyer this vision a lot of fans have that if and /or when we get new owners we will be entering Narnia is a load of rubbish , we would be better getting the fundamentals right , good coaching , proper scouting and last of all but possibly the most important a regular supply of properly coached young players , well that's my dream anyway