I don't have an issue with it to be honest but in the case of kevinthomson8 what annoys me there is two-fold.

1. The "hit and run" nature of his posts and

2. The fact that every post about his rumours is a new thread.

Would much prefer that he tries to substantiate his rumours and would also much prefer he maintained them in the one thread.

It is like the transfer windows - often we see undoubted BS rumours but it can be fun to see them and then second-guess if we are the ones being stupid. I know in times gone by I would have doubted a rumour stating we were signing Laudrup or Gascoigne but the excitement of there being even a remote possibility of it happening made it worthwhile to see the rumour in print.

Times have changed obviously but I don't see the harm in it - some people will read it whilst those who find it boring could always just ignore it.

I don't have an issue with it to be honest but in the case of kevinthomson8 what annoys me there is two-fold.

1. The "hit and run" nature of his posts and

2. The fact that every post about his rumours is a new thread.

Would much prefer that he tries to substantiate his rumours and would also much prefer he maintained them in the one thread.

It is like the transfer windows - often we see undoubted BS rumours but it can be fun to see them and then second-guess if we are the ones being stupid. I know in times gone by I would have doubted a rumour stating we were signing Laudrup or Gascoigne but the excitement of there being even a remote possibility of it happening made it worthwhile to see the rumour in print.

Times have changed obviously but I don't see the harm in it - some people will read it whilst those who find it boring could always just ignore it.

The other kind and these are the worst are the " spanner " types who come on just for the wind up , I think we may have another of his wee friends about just now as well.

The thing about them is they infest good debating threads and try and unrail them , however they are always easy to get though it usually takes a wee bit of time

Yeah, I used to like it when there was a chance it might be true, but silly season truly is silly now and the number of players we are linked to that we know will never happen is exponentially increasing.

I'm still waiting on Robbie Fowler to arrive.

When there is say more than 10% truth it can be interesting, when it's less than 1% truth, the luster fades and it just becomes drivel.

I think a while back the rumours had some substance in that there was some genuine interest in the players and they were being watched etc and a lot of the the time it didn't go further than that. Now it's mostly just people making up stories out of thin air.

To me there's a massive difference between a genuine possibility and pure fiction.

If we are only going to post after the fact events then the forum will be quite boring. Yes there is a lot of bullshit about but surerly that is part of the fun of being on a forum,sifting through the tons of bullshit for the small undigested tufts of truth.

Thats the problem at the moment Pete. There hasnt been one grain of truth regarding the sale of Rangers football club. Just endless rumours that lead us nowhere. Im all for debate and opinions but we really have kicked the arse out of the situation and have managed to do so without any factual information.

Untill we get some real information the debate will be pointless.

My brain is baffled. :devil:

Zappa your brain is baffled, mine is way beyond baffled. I am no accountant but I agree with a contributor to an other thread on this forum when he said "things don't add up" I concur with those sentiments, but not in the monetary sense.

When I heard the information about the supposed imminent takeover (I now believe was deliberate misleading information) of Rangers, I was to at the least to say, well relieved. Then to gradually work out that what I was told was someone 'being economical with the truth, to me. I have been trying to get my 'up yours moment' by giving any uncovered news to the uber-fans on this forum.

You generally get the feeling when any major deal is in the offing, the professionals clam up. however in the case of Rangers future everybody has had something to say (apart from the directors) why is this constant briefing being orchestrated. I am now coming to the conclusion it's the old magicians trick of misdirection, we have all been fooled into looking one way, whilst the real action is going on elsewhere. Again what that real action is, does now concern me.

I am not convinced "the shit hitting the fan" is today's non-story about Walters supposed sacking, another case of misdirection, either that or I am going to stop reading Le' Carre novels. :fish:

Edited by aweebluesoandso
clarification