News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

I would agree with Graeme's assessment of his performance and hopefully he can get a few more games to prove his worth.

With all due respect to Albion Rovers it is difficult to get friendlies against decent opposition, not sure if he can play as a trialist in any Development League games.

Centre back is a position where we are pretty strong from 15's through to 19's with decent prospects at each age group.

I would agree with Graeme's assessment of his performance and hopefully he can get a few more games to prove his worth.

With all due respect to Albion Rovers it is difficult to get friendlies against decent opposition, not sure if he can play as a trialist in any Development League games.

Centre back is a position where we are pretty strong from 15's through to 19's with decent prospects at each age group.

Thanks Elfideldo, appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, that has been a problem in that he is still registered to his South African club, so could only take part in friendlies. Over the time of his trial, they have played two development league games (in which Graeme couldn't take part) so he only had the training sessions and this friendly to make his mark.

U20: Rangers 1-2 St Johnstone

A CRUEL 89th minute winner meant the Rangers youngsters left Forthbank with no points after dominating the second period against St Johnstone.

Full match report -> http://rangers.co.uk/news/match-report/academy-u20s/u20-rangers-1-2-st-johnstone-2/

Would be good to get some info on the youth players and how they shape up. Saw that e.g. new signings Beerman, Atakayi and Bates played.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure we will hear from elfideldo but it seems the U16's lost to Celtic today. Both Billy Gilmour and Dapo Mebude tweeting that it wasn't a good result...

I didn't realise that Barcelona and Bayern Munich are also on Gilour's tail...

13s Rangers 1 Celtic 1

14s Rangers 3 Celtic 0

15s Celtic 3 Rangers 5

17s Celtic 3 Rangers 0

Thanks Ian.

I don't think those scorelines are that bad then as I suspect the 17's were using a number of 16's given a number of our 17's usually play at 20's. Obviously I don't know if Celtic did the same.

For a couple of years now our Academy teams have been doing very well against Celtic, so much so that a couple of years ago after we whitewashed them in a series of games, Lawell has Chris McCart (I think) in his office on the Monday morning for a "crisis meeting".

We just now need to be able to introduce these Academy players into the senior team - but we need a competitive senior team first and foremost whereby you can afford to blood in a couple of youngsters here and there, balance being the key.

We also have to remember that we need a couple of years before the real fruits of Warburton's and, more particularly Mulholland's labour are realized and crystallised.