Kyle Lafferty opens his heart on debt claims - and Old Firm horror tackle

Would you expect Boyd to excel on the left of midfield?

I think that is an unfair comparison. If Lafferty an average of about a goal a game every time he plays up front he wouldn't be playing on the wing.

Boyd is a special case, without his goals he's not got much to offer, however his goal tally is amazing and they win us games. If he only scored about 10 goals a year he'd hardly have been near the first team.

That's Boyd's get out of jail free card, Lafferty doesn't have one of those yet.

Lafferty had played on the wing for more than half his career so you'd think if he's any good he'd be able to play there by now. However, he's played up front a few times this season and been poor - and not a patch on Boyd, so there is nothing at all to suggest the problem is merely a complete lack of versatility.

I think that is an unfair comparison. If Lafferty an average of about a goal a game every time he plays up front he wouldn't be playing on the wing.

Such as when he got on up front V Motherwell the other week and scored 2?

Boyd is a special case, without his goals he's not got much to offer, however his goal tally is amazing and they win us games. If he only scored about 10 goals a year he'd hardly have been near the first team.

That's Boyd's get out of jail free card, Lafferty doesn't have one of those yet.

Lafferty had played on the wing for more than half his career

No he hasn't.

so you'd think if he's any good he'd be able to play there by now.

So if you forced Miller out on the left wing for a season+ you'd just expect him to become the ghost of Giggs?

However, he's played up front a few times this season and been poor - and not a patch on Boyd, so there is nothing at all to suggest the problem is merely a complete lack of versatility.

Yeah, there is. He can't do it on the wing just like Lovenrkands couldn't (hat trick yesterday for Newcastle when played as a striker). He can do it up front - scored 2 V Motherwell as a striker.

I prefer plenty of Rangers players to Lafferty. Davis, Miller, McGregor, even Boyd these days.

What I can't stand is supposed supporters giving a 22 year old guy such a torrid time when they're on the same side as him.

I can't stand Bougherra thanks to his attitude and recent conduct towards the club, and I want shot of him, but I support him fundamentally as a Rangers player and give him 100% backing on the pitch regardless of my personal feelings about his character.

I feel Lafferty isn't afforded this luxury by those who feel about him the way I do about Bougherra.

My post was a blatant wind up mate, hence the smiley.

I'd prefer fans to have your view where they back the players out on the field to the hilt. And I suspect, despite the griping on here, most Gersnetters give all the team their full support at the ground.

It is easy to see why people are losing patience with Lafferty. Hopefully performances on the field can turn that around.

My post was a blatant wind up mate, hence the smiley.

I'd prefer fans to have your view where they back the players out on the field to the hilt. And I suspect, despite the griping on here, most Gersnetters give all the team their full support at the ground.

It is easy to see why people are losing patience with Lafferty. Hopefully performances on the field can turn that around.

Oh I know it was a wind up, I was just trying to clarify exactly where I stand as I sense people on here see me as some kind of treasurer of the Kyle Lafferty Fanclub, where it's not the case at all :)

Oh I know it was a wind up, I was just trying to clarify exactly where I stand as I sense people on here see me as some kind of treasurer of the Kyle Lafferty Fanclub, where it's not the case at all :)

Yip, with you being the chairman of the Thomas Buffel Fanclub, then how would you have the time to deal with another... :whistle:

Curious really. It seems the player gets the blame when you don't like the player, but if it was a Miller, or McGregor, or a Boyd, you'd defend them to the hilt and blame the newspaper for manipulating their words.

Mainly because the papers didn't quote Miller, McGregor or Boyd.

Edited by Gazza_8