Congratulations to Rangers, the new Clydesdale Bank Premier League champions for season 2009/10.

It really is a tremendous achievement for Walter Smith and his Ibrox team to have the SPL title wrapped up so quickly.

Well done also to the Celtic board for their own trophy of a magnificent balance sheet, but no silverware.

The figures are well worthy of a pat on the back to each member of the board.

The Celtic manager, Tony Mowbray also deserves a special award for contradicting himself from one sentence to the next.

Last night, I watched a re-run of a movie I have seen several times before this season when Celtic take to the field.

Lots of endeavour, but no end product, from a bunch of sub-standard players, cobbled together from all corners of the globe.

I have been saying for ages that the back four needs addressed.

How long does it take to sign a couple of half-decent central defenders? Two years? Longer?

Gordon Strachan was fantastic at deflecting any criticism of his players, but Tony Mowbray is taking it to new heights.

The Celtic manager believes they can win every game from now until the end of the season. Really?

ââ?¬Å?Well, no, realistically we might lose the odd one,ââ?¬Â the gaffer conceded, if you will allow me to paraphrase his answer to me.

The back four are hopeless and only Celtic could enter negotiations to let left-back Danny Fox leave and claim that Paul Caddis, Mark Wilson and Darren O�Dea are adequate cover.

Oh, and let�s not forget the only other natural left-back is Lee Naylor!

Tony was glowing in his praise of captain, Stephen McManus ahead of last nightââ?¬â?¢s game. ââ?¬Å?A fantastic player, a great leader of men,ââ?¬Â was how he described him at the pre-match press conference.

If that�s the case, why allow him to look at loan options at a crucial time in the title race and offer up O�Dea and Josh Thompson as the central defensive pairing?

McManus might not have made much difference, but there are degrees of risk, surely?

I could move on to my assessment of the midfield, but that would only slow me down in my desire to quickly sum up Georgios Samaras.

He was cheered off the park when substituted last night because the fans were delighted he was getting the hook.

He needs a minimum of four chances to score one goal and his big miss last night from inside the six-yard box beggared belief.

The longer the game went on, you could see the nightmare scenario for the home supporters developing before your eyes.

As fate would have it, up popped Danny Galbraith in the 90th minute to seal victory for John Hughes� side and send Celtic to yet another defeat that now puts them 10 points behind Rangers and 17 goals worse off in the league table.

The league is over for Celtic and the worrying thing for the Parkhead club will be the ever-increasing number of empty seats in forthcoming games.

The banner laid out at half-time last night in the East Stand read: ââ?¬Ë?THE PLC DONââ?¬â?¢T GIVE A DAMNââ?¬â?¢.

Well, I can tell you they had better show how much they care soon because the sensible supporters are angry and they are not going to continue spending hundreds of pounds on season tickets to watch the club scour Scandinavia for promising teenagers that might net the club a few

million in a couple of years.

Celtic need quality, experience and battlers in the starting XI; what they have is a disjointed and rudderless side stumbling from one calamity to the next.

The way itâ��s going now Rangers wonâ��t need to worry about major investment in the summer because Celtic will have gifted them �£20million.

Thatâ��s �£10m from the Cham-pions League from last yearâ��s capitulation in the league and another 10 on the way for next seasonâ��s competition.

The buck usually stops at the manager�s door, but there are a few other guilty parties in the surrendering of the title before the month of January is out

You know who you are!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sport-columnists/peter-martin-balance-act-tips-scales-to-rangers-1.1002144

:D

Was looking forward to this clown's rant this morning. To suggest the title is lost already is reverse psychology of the highest order.

Hopefully he has more to suffer over the coming weeks!

Bi-polar...it's the only way to describe them. They win and they are the greatest football team that ever graced a football pitch...lose and they don the sackcloth and ashes and wail 'woe is me!' and all in the space of 4 days!!!

mind you, makes for bloody great entertainment does it not?

Bi-polar...it's the only way to describe them. They win and they are the greatest football team that ever graced a football pitch...lose and they don the sackcloth and ashes and wail 'woe is me!' and all in the space of 4 days!!!

mind you, makes for bloody great entertainment does it not?

Absolutely spot on mate...

:spl: