Walter Fears The Summer - Another Warning

How do you know this?

We paid 3M for Davis, he's a lynch pin of the squad and Walter rates him as his best player, maybe even the best in Scotland. Why would we accept any old bid for him? A business case is made for any sale and to me we could only sell Davis if a "silly" offer comes in.

We supposedly turned down offers in January for Boyd and MacGregor, so why roll over in the summer?

I think if we get offers of 8 or more million for any player, we'll probably accept the money as we can do a lot with that kind of cash - ie pay off a bit of debt and bring another couple of �£2M players in.

You probably think you sound wise and if it happens you can say, "I told you so", but it's best to remember there are a few people looking pretty stupid after stating as fact that the likes of Boyd, MacGregor or Bougherra would definitely be off in the last window - and Rangers "would be easy to deal with".

WHATS WRONG IS NO ONE ELSE ALLOWED AN OPINION IF IT DOESNT AGREE WITH YOURS. I WAS NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE MAKING STATEMENTS ABOUT EARLIER TRANSFER WINDOWS, BUT AS HAS BEEN STATED BY MANAGEMENT WE DO NOT CONTROL THE CLUB. IF OFFERS COME IN WHO ARE GOING TO DEAL WITH THEM THE BANK OR US.

A ridiculous state of affairs. The squad is already threadbare, how can further downsizing take place - unless 'higher' earners are replaced by cheaper options (and in most cases that also means lower quality).

I hope Walter's comments are more of a way of putting pressure on the board/bank to lighten up the hold on the purse strings rather than a realistic view of the future. In any case these comments can't be good for morale throughout the club.

I hope Walter's comments are more of a way of putting pressure on the board/bank to lighten up the hold on the purse strings

I'm not too worried about the comments or reading too much into them because Walter seems to be playing a part in a complex game of chess this season. He's not daft, so there must be reason in there somewhere.

I'm not too worried about the comments or reading too much into them because Walter seems to be playing a part in a complex game of chess this season. He's not daft, so there must be reason in there somewhere.

Was not bringing in any players part of that chess game?

How do you know this?

We paid 3M for Davis, he's a lynch pin of the squad and Walter rates him as his best player, maybe even the best in Scotland. Why would we accept any old bid for him? A business case is made for any sale and to me we could only sell Davis if a "silly" offer comes in.

We supposedly turned down offers in January for Boyd and MacGregor, so why roll over in the summer?

I think if we get offers of 8 or more million for any player, we'll probably accept the money as we can do a lot with that kind of cash - ie pay off a bit of debt and bring another couple of �£2M players in.

You probably think you sound wise and if it happens you can say, "I told you so", but it's best to remember there are a few people looking pretty stupid after stating as fact that the likes of Boyd, MacGregor or Bougherra would definitely be off in the last window - and Rangers "would be easy to deal with".

WHATS WRONG IS NO ONE ELSE ALLOWED AN OPINION IF IT DOESNT AGREE WITH YOURS. I WAS NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE MAKING STATEMENTS ABOUT EARLIER TRANSFER WINDOWS, BUT AS HAS BEEN STATED BY MANAGEMENT WE DO NOT CONTROL THE CLUB. IF OFFERS COME IN WHO ARE GOING TO DEAL WITH THEM THE BANK OR US.

Firstly, no need to shout...

Secondly, is no-one allowed to disagree with you without you resorting to shouting? A bit ironic wouldn't you say?

Thirdly, I didn't see you write an opinion, you wrote in a "that's the way it is" kind of way rather than "that's the way I see it". It was glib, didn't make immediate sense and you didn't back it up with any form of debate.

Fourthly, why can't you simply debate your side of things and rebut my points. I've backup up mine and given plenty of room for debate. Perhaps you need to see a wider view.

Fifthly, this forum is about debate not just stating empty points and then agreeing or agreeing to disagree. If you've got a point then you need to be prepared to back it up instead of acting shocked when someone challenges you.

The club and bank have both stated that we have a working business plan which doesn't push any need to sell players. Rothen went because he was a waste of a large wage and Mendes went because he wanted to, he's on a big wage, brought in a fee, and has contributed little this year. That's a pretty good case to let him go rather than the "bank forcing us to sell everyone" premise you seem to subscribe to.

We didn't bring anyone in but there are plenty of reasons behind this. There's no point in panicking and bringing in someone for a hefty wage who will not enhance the team and for next season we will have to bring the wages down in order just to break even, as Champions League money will be difficult to come by.

We have to trim the fat but that does not mean indiscriminately cutting out vital organs.

Was not bringing in any players part of that chess game?

I'd say so BD, yes. Just my opinion obviously! ;)

From what I heard of his post match interview at the weekend, Coisty pretty much let the cat out that no real work had been done to look for players and that there was no definite agreement behind the scenes that they were looking to bring any in. I think he said they'd need to sit down and talk about it. The interview is probably still on the beeb site.

smith would be better keeping his mouth shut. hes caused more bother than good with his comments over the past few months.

There is enough negativity surrounding us just now so adding to it does us no favours at all.

smith would be better keeping his mouth shut. hes caused more bother than good with his comments over the past few months.

There is enough negativity surrounding us just now so adding to it does us no favours at all.

There's no negative results visible to me other than some fans getting needlessly irate. Yes, we were shit in the CL home games apart from 65 mins against Spain's 3rd best team & we haven't been great all season domestically, but we've still potentially opened up an 11 point gap on Celtic if you consider the 20 point lead in goal difference as safe.

I don't understand this train of thought, and you're far from the only person i've heard say it

Smith first mentioned the banks running the club after a 1-1 draw with Hibs. Since then we've won 11, drawn 2, and lost 1 of our 14 league games

We also survived the transfer window without the supposed firesale that many claimed would occur