Taken from FF, posted by User Barrybaldy.

We were warned 4 months ago...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ngers-1.928574

Guys, I told you at the time Darrell King had been given this from high - most probably Walter Smith.

Every word of that story is now coming true, much as it hurts.

My understanding right now is that Muir is blocking any attempts for bank talks with Dave King, who did make an �£18m bid which Muir told the bank to reject.

Muir has told the bank 'I'll get you every penny back'

I am told he gets a sizeable fee if he brokers a sale - and it won't be to King on the cheap if he has his way.

King, and his people, have clearly been behind the negative PR against the bank, most of which has been done in Herald Group papers.

I am told Muir has even tried to go after Darrell King by pressuring his editor, and a furious battle is raging internally on every Gers/finance story.

Meantime, we are nowhere near being saved.

The bank will naturally, want to get as much money back for the debt. Its been said that Muir has been tasked with this and will obviously be on some sort of structured pay/bonus depending on the final figure. So you have those two entities who want to get the max price from any potential bidder.

People looking to buy the club, obviously want to get value for money, which is in direct conflict to the above. So that's why you're not going to get a quick sale, not to mention the fact that the "sources" have also said the books are very complex due to the relationship with MIH and its various companies.

We do still have assets though in terms of players, the stadium, Auchenhowie etc. So that's another reason why the bank won't be in a rush to sell. Come the summer, they could force us to sell some more players or even Auchenhowie, both would generate some instant income and with the economy slowly recovering, I guess anything to do with land is likely to appreciate the longer we wait.

Who knows, I'm way out of my depth now, but the lack of actual information from both sides is annoying and worrying.

Mike.

Smith wants to come out and get the fans behind him to go against Muir. I think that's why he said that last night, he is severly pissed off, him and Bain. Just wait until the end of the season, treble in the bag, Walter will be off and he will make sure he has a right go at Lloyds. Thank god we have Walter though, we could be in some mess without him.

I have noted that Darrell King has disappeared from the pages of the Herald/Evening Times these last ten days or so. Further, he has not appeared on Radio Snyde during the same period. It may be innocent, ie off on a family holiday. However, we should not rule out a period of enforced gardening leave.

Just musing?

I have noted that Darrell King has disappeared from the pages of the Herald/Evening Times these last ten days or so. Further, he has not appeared on Radio Snyde during the same period. It may be innocent, ie off on a family holiday. However, we should not rule out a period of enforced gardening leave.

Just musing?

I suggested something similar a couple of weeks back only to be shown an article he had written the same day... :D

However, he certainly appears to have been taken off the ownership issue which is interesting in itself.