Champions v The BHEASTS -Build Up Thread

Probably the most confident Ive been going into a OF game for a while. Their defence is shambolic and we should be setting out with attacking players like Novo and Davis getting up to support Boyd and Miller. Thomson and McCulloch will probably do the holding role. If Aberdeen can put 4 past them and Falkirk stuck 3 away then why cant we!

If Whittaker plays midfield i'll be disappointed.

therangers1872 is a total youtube godsend. I was watching the Alania Vladikavkaz games from decades ago yesterday, fabulous stuff. If you discount the golden commentary team of Gerry McNee, Andy Walker and Charlie Nicholas. I'm all for not having ex-Rangers in the commentary booth as it can be boringly subjective, but that was ripping the pish.

therangers1872 is a total youtube godsend. I was watching the Alania Vladikavkaz games from decades ago yesterday, fabulous stuff. If you discount the golden commentary team of Gerry McNee, Andy Walker and Charlie Nicholas. I'm all for not having ex-Rangers in the commentary booth as it can be boringly subjective, but that was ripping the pish.

Aye mate, the guy has some stunning videos, I also watched the Alania games yesterday,amongst others :thup:

Whittaker can struggle against McGeady.

Agreed, Whittaker would probably get ripped a new one off Aids McGeady, hes not the best at defending, id be more comfortable with Broadfoot at right back even though hes not shown his best form recently.

On a side note, McGeady has been playing on the right hand side for the mhanky mob recently with Kamara playing on the left, according to a couple of cetlic supporting "friends" anyway.

Agreed, Whittaker would probably get ripped a new one off Aids McGeady, hes not the best at defending, id be more comfortable with Broadfoot at right back even though hes not shown his best form recently.

On a side note, McGeady has been playing on the right hand side for the mhanky mob recently with Kamara playing on the left, according to a couple of cetlic supporting "friends" anyway.

That's true but they could swap depending on the team that we put out.

Broadfoot is a liability and i'm still to be convinced that he's a better defender than Whittaker, even though it's taken as almost gospel. Even if he is, he offers absolutely nothing going forward anymore which is weird as before his injury he seemed to get forward quite a lot

Neither of them are particularly great right backs. Both players have good and bad games. Whittaker is perhaps more of a liability at RB than Broadfoot is, but offers far more going forward including goals. It's a tough decision because either player is capable of going out and having a cracking game, but I'd probably play Whittaker.

This one is huge for us. If we put them to the sword and take 3 points from this game our chances of winning the league go up dramatically, really to the point where it's almost over. Here's hoping we go for the throat from the first to final whistle.

Broadfoot is a liability and i'm still to be convinced that he's a better defender than Whittaker, even though it's taken as almost gospel. Even if he is, he offers absolutely nothing going forward anymore which is weird as before his injury he seemed to get forward quite a lot

Broadfoot made right back his own last season because his defensive performances were far superior to Whittaker's.

However it's a difficult decision. Broadfoot has not been playing as well as last season and Whittaker offers a threat that few others in the team do. Tough one for Walt.