Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

Wasn't Souness allegedly involved in another consortium?

I feel wheeling Souness out at some stage will certainly suggest that there are some Rangers people on board with this bid.

The fact Mr Ellis hasn't spoken at this point makes me at least think he is a serious player and not a Michael Knighton type who is just after 15 minutes of fame. If Mr Ellis looked at West Ham and Portsmouth but decided on Rangers then I applaud him as he hasn't decided the premiership is the be all and end all of football.

Souness was in for Wolves about a year or two back.

EDIT: I don't know about him being involved in any other consortium.

It's been delayed a few weeks already but also heard the same.

These aren't open and shut cases though...

Of course but it means he's unlikely to be buying Rangers any time soon....

Read the article, still don't see what pressure we are under from the bank, as our chairman said, "we are a going concern with a clean bill of health". As long as we continue to meet our obligations why would or should that change.

As always the situation can be interpreted differently depending on one's point of view...

Yes, the current arrangement with the bank appears satisfactory but just how fluid is that arrangement given said chairman speaks about 8-10 day plans being our long term ones?