Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

It doesn't tell us anything right now mate because wabash was jumping the gun with info that was misleading. The share price is actually pretty steady apart from 8000 shares being sold last week at an abnormally low price, but 8000 shares is absolutely nothing out of the full 108 million shares and the price of the next shares to sell was way back up again. That's where he got the 35% increase from, but it's misleading. Something is really happening when 10's of millions of shares start moving.

Misleading ?, if you can get shares at Fridays price you will make a killing (allegedly) of 35p for 8000 as opposed to this mornings of 44p for 10,000 an increase in that comparison of 26% for a larger number and an increase of 35% comparing to the 50 at 47p, you will note I said the price not the value. http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?p=195722&postcount=40

Misleading ?, if you can get shares at Fridays price you will make a killing (allegedly) of 35p for 8000 as opposed to this mornings of 44p for 10,000 an increase in that comparison of 26% for a larger number and an increase of 35% comparing to the 50 at 47p, you will note I said the price not the value. http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?p=195722&postcount=40

Yeah, I do think that what you initially said was misleading. You made out as if the share price had just jumped 35%, when in actual fact that's not the case. Also, profit of 9p per share on 8000 shares isn't exactly 'making a killing' if you're talking about less than �£800.

Given the illiquidity of the market, the reasons for buying and selling in individual transactions can influence the price of relatively small transactions, and don't, in their own, mean much.

I'm fairly sure the RST would not involved in the purchase of shares of any amounts larger than a few hundred.

I can't see the share price having any affect on the sale of SMD's stake in the club. The price of his shares will be the price negotiated, regardless of the share value based on such small transactions.

Anyway, it seems to me that if people are offloading shares with not must interest in buying the price will drop, if people are competing to buy the shares with not much interest in selling then the price will go up.

I really can't see what SDM has to do with it unless he wants to sell a load of his shares - but that would only drive the price way down...

Personally, I think that despite all the scaremongering of the last year, we're actually in a very stable position right now thanks to the penny pinching (actually, it's been 'careful budgeting') and the fact that we're heading for 2IAR. I honestly don't think that the stability of the club will be considerably improved with a new owner of this sort. I've got more of a long term view of the club's situation and to me it's far more important to have a long term view than a short term one if the security & future of the club is to be taken into consideration, which it better be!!

Some of those who hate SDM will call it apathy or whatever, but at the end of the day I think that Rangers is in safe hands right now! We've recently been watching our spending & reducing our debt as opposed to increasing it. Murray is semi-out of the picture and Bain appears to be doing a better job in his absence. We won the league last year, are looking likely to win it this year & I can't see any reason why we couldn't have another good season next year to make it 3IAR. So, why the NEED for change? I just don't see it. Get the management team signed up on new contracts, get Boyd & a few others signed on new contracts & possibly bring in one or two players in the summer & I'll be happy, not worried about our future!! However, I will definitely be worried by a takeover unless I instinctively think it's the right person or people and even then, nothing will be certain.