Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

Murray Park is green belt land IIRC.

At the moment. Is there not some sort of time restriction on that though and it could change in the future?

The planning permission for the landbank surrounding Ibrox would be more interesting for Ellis given the chances of GARL etc.

:)

The direct GARL has been cancelled. There is, however, the chance of the resurrection of the project that SDM was discussing pre-recession.

Green belt land can be beuilt on anyway - depending on council intervention (happened locally to me recently) so perhaps not important.

Can't see anyone enforcing the sale of the training ground without building another one first. Would be extremely unpopular.

A bigger, better facility would have the support though I'm sure as MP is imperfect in that regard.

Did Purcell support GARL? Could that be resurrected if the existing planning permission for the Ibrox area was utilised by any new owner?

Guest Bonkle Bear

Fair amount of cynicism from the fans directed towards the intentions of Ellis and that is completely understandable given the dubious characters who have taken ownership of some British clubs in the last 5 years.

However I don't believe that Ellis will want to go down the Mike Ashley route of making himself hugely unpopular with supporters and face a situation where he would struggle to then sell on the club when he is done by making it weaker.

Going by this statement you have to hope that Alistair Johnston and co's judgement is 100% spot on when a proposal is put in front of them.

Did Purcell support GARL? Could that be resurrected if the existing planning permission for the Ibrox area was utilised by any new owner?

I think that the decision was made a Holyrood level. yes, I think Purcell supported it.

My take was that the SNP didn't want to waste money on an area that is solid-Labour, and prefer to have their resources spent elsewhere, as well as them not having any personal interest in using Glasgow Airport. That's why we have seen the growth of EDI over the past few years. It would have been different if the Scottish parliament was based in Glasgow.

If Ibrox has the possibilty of future increases in value as a result of regeneration, would it not be in MIH's interst to retain its holding? For all the debt held at Rangers amounts to, as a proportion of MIH's overall debt, there must be better ways of improving the balance sheet?

Fair amount of cynicism from the fans directed towards the intentions of Ellis and that is completely understandable given the dubious characters who have taken ownership of some British clubs in the last 5 years.

However I don't believe that Ellis will want to go down the Mike Ashley route of making himself hugely unpopular with supporters and face a situation where he would struggle to then sell on the club when he is done by making it weaker.

The day I see Andrew Ellis sitting in the director's box downing a pint of Carling in a one'r while wearing our club shirt is the day I sob quietly.

The cynicism isn't just about all the characters who've bought football clubs in Britain only for the club to end up going to the wall, although when you consider the amount of clubs that have gone into administration over the past decade it's frightening. Even at this moment there's a significant number of clubs in administration or serious enough trouble that they're on the brink of it. But surely we have to be cynical about someone with a history of trying to relocate football clubs in London for his own personal gain through property development? Leopards and there spots 'n all that... :whistle:

I doubt it really matters what Ellis wants or at least I hope it doesn't because he hopefully won't have anything to do with our club. I know I'll be in a minority at the moment, but I've made my mind up on Ellis and hope that the reply to his offer is 'thanks, but no thanks'.