Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

Frankly, I just don't believe that to actually be the case.

Then why don't they have new contracts? Am I missing something? Do we just not want to give them new contracts - or they don't want new contracts - and this is a it-couldn't've-been-avoided play for the fans benefit or something? Honestly puggled here...

Personally, I think that despite all the scaremongering of the last year, we're actually in a very stable position right now thanks to the penny pinching (actually, it's been 'careful budgeting') and the fact that we're heading for 2IAR. I honestly don't think that the stability of the club will be considerably improved with a new owner of this sort. I've got more of a long term view of the club's situation and to me it's far more important to have a long term view than a short term one if the security & future of the club is to be taken into consideration, which it better be!!

Some of those who hate SDM will call it apathy or whatever, but at the end of the day I think that Rangers is in safe hands right now! We've recently been watching our spending & reducing our debt as opposed to increasing it. Murray is semi-out of the picture and Bain appears to be doing a better job in his absence. We won the league last year, are looking likely to win it this year & I can't see any reason why we couldn't have another good season next year to make it 3IAR. So, why the NEED for change? I just don't see it. Get the management team signed up on new contracts, get Boyd & a few others signed on new contracts & possibly bring in one or two players in the summer & I'll be happy, not worried about our future!! However, I will definitely be worried by a takeover unless I instinctively think it's the right person or people and even then, nothing will be certain.

We are commited to working to the well-documented business plan at the moment.

You say "Get the management team signed up on new contracts, get Boyd & a few others signed on new contracts". The big problem is how much the business plan allows us to do. It seems that any contracts that are offered have to be able to be financed in every year of the contract, and there will be the assumption that we have no CL football in every season except the next one.

While this may be sound business sense, it appears to allow NO room for speculation in respect of the playing squad and could perhaps mean that the impact of CL football for next season will be spread over 3 or 4 seasons. Over a 3 or 4 year period we may be seen just to break-even and continue to prevent new signings into the club. This may also limit the level of expenditure on the management team's contracts and this could all mean that the likes of Boyd mmay not sign because they can see the club is going to continue to be down-sized due to the current restrictions in place.

We have to hope that any new owner of the club will ensure the restrictions of the business plan are lifted and while hopefully running the club in a prudent manner, can provide funding and have some level of speculative spending that's not based on a worse-case scenario.

A post from FF by Barrybaldy [Darrell King ]

The only thing he seemed to be quite sure on was that Ellis is fronting this for various people, that he is not the main player in terms of the money.

I think, reading between the lines, he doesn't have the level of money himself but is maybe pulling the whole thing together.

I am sure that is the next road the press will be going down, to find out who is putting up the cash.

I have heard Bahrain is the location, but not had that confirmed.

A post from FF by Barrybaldy [Darrell King ]

The only thing he seemed to be quite sure on was that Ellis is fronting this for various people, that he is not the main player in terms of the money.

I think, reading between the lines, he doesn't have the level of money himself but is maybe pulling the whole thing together.

I am sure that is the next road the press will be going down, to find out who is putting up the cash.

I have heard Bahrain is the location, but not had that confirmed.

Just a small point...:D

I'm not sure if you're saying that DK is BarryBaldy or if you've just put Darrell King's name in brackets to show thats who barry baldy is talking about.

Barrybaldy is not Darrell King but is who he gets his information from.

Like I say, not sure if you were meaning that or not but thought it worthwhile to mention :thup:

I don't know enough about John Greig to say one way or the other if he's a good choice on this independent committee (or a good club director generally) but am comfortable enough he'll have the good of the club in his opinions.

What I will say about Ellis is that while doubts remain about his bid, at least he seems to be going about his business professionally enough so far.