Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

In order to ensure the complete independence of the assessment of the merits

for RFC of any possible offer, the board of RFC has set up an independent

committee of the board (the "Independent Directors") comprising the Chairman

Alastair Johnston, John McClelland, Martin Bain, Donald McIntyre and John Greig

How independent are Bain and McIntyre, given that they have share options, exercisable at 62.5p and it is therefore in their best interests to get the value of the shares up, even if this is detrimental to the club going forward?

Surely the value will rise more and more the closer we get to the SPL title...?

I think that point has been made several times recently.

So why would Minty give that value to someone else, unless it was an offer he couldn't refuse, and he has refused before...allegedly an offer from if the rumour is correct Ellis.

Is it ?, what does that actually tell us about Rangers FC ? :confused:

It doesn't tell us anything right now mate because wabash was jumping the gun with info that was misleading. The share price is actually pretty steady apart from 8000 shares being sold last week at an abnormally low price, but 8000 shares is absolutely nothing out of the full 108 million shares and the price of the next shares to sell was way back up again. That's where he got the 35% increase from, but it's misleading. Something is really happening when 10's of millions of shares start moving.

Surely the value will rise more and more the closer we get to the SPL title...?

I think that point has been made several times recently.

The share price only went up 1p around the time when we won the league last season.

The share price will not relevant to the amount that the club will be sold for anyway, given the illiquidity of the market.

The question is Frankie, would you trust their judgement on anything, after getting everything wrong about Muir.

The problem is so many factors seem to change on a week-by-week basis (8-10 day I think AJ said) so it is difficult to mock anyone for perhaps rushing to conclusions before the bigger picture is revealed...

All the more reason for the rest of us to maintain a watching brief with constructive criticism when necessary. I know some of said criticism is welcomed from relevant parties. :whistle:

So why would Minty give that value to someone else, unless it was an offer he couldn't refuse, and he has refused before...allegedly an offer from if the rumour is correct Ellis.

Murray doesnt decide the market value of the shares. He can decide what price to sell his at, but not what the market values the shares (in terms of rising and falling) at. If directors could decide the price of the average traded share then i doubt you would seem many sp falling.

I'd imagine the continuing challenges MIH/PPG face may be forcing his hand in that regard.

:)