Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

I don't know enough about John Greig to say one way or the other he's a good choice on this independent committee (or a good club director generally) but am comfortable enough he'll have the good of the club in his opinions.

What I will say about Ellis is that while doubts remain about his bid, at least he seems to be going about his business professionally enough so far.

Miaow....:D

Still surprisingly little in todays news about Mr Ellis. I would have thought the red tops would be scurrying around trying to find out as much as they can or even make things up to fill some column inches - but nothing new today as far as I can see.

I heard on Real Radio last night Cameron saying that Mr Ellis has been looking to invest in a club for some time and having looked at West Ham and another premiership sides (maybe Portsmouth) he decided Rangers were better value and stood a better chance of success (obviously).

One thing I'd like to know (and I'm sure others would too) is can we expect King, Murray and Park to up their initial verbal offer now Mr Ellis has joined them on the dance floor?

Still surprisingly little in todays news about Mr Ellis. I would have thought the red tops would be scurrying around trying to find out as much as they can or even make things up to fill some column inches - but nothing new today as far as I can see.

I heard on Real Radio last night Cameron saying that Mr Ellis has been looking to invest in a club for some time and having looked at West Ham and another premiership sides (maybe Portsmouth) he decided Rangers were better value and stood a better chance of success (obviously).

One thing I'd like to know (and I'm sure others would too) is can we expect King, Murray and Park to up their initial verbal offer now Mr Ellis has joined them on the dance floor?

I'd fancy because the interest seems a bit more formal this time, the media won't be in too much of a hurry to burn their bridges with any potential new owner via overly negative coverage. Furthermore, if the coverage on his past is minimal that may be good news regarding the quality of his activities (or the quality of his PR work)... ;)

Certainly if others remain interested, the pressure is now on them to put their money with their mouth is. I think King's continued SARS problems means any Park associated consortium simply don't have the funds available to match Ellis.

In saying that though I've no idea of his net worth and rumours suggest he is working with others as well - which I guess could be anyone from King/Park/Murray to this Bahrain based mega sheikh! ;)

A rumour on another forum saying he has heard Bain has been handed his notice ????,

That would be odd would it not considering Bain was named as part of the consideration panel only yesterday.

If true is Bain against the Ellis deal or perhaps a conflict of interest has arisen with regard to another interested party.

Then why don't they have new contracts? Am I missing something? Do we just not want to give them new contracts - or they don't want new contracts - and this is a it-couldn't've-been-avoided play for the fans benefit or something? Honestly puggled here...

I think that it is unlikely the club will NOT be taken over, therefore the management team have not been offered contracts in case they are not required by any new owners who want their own man at the helm.

Negotiating pay-offs for the management team with recently signed contracts would be an unnecessary financial burden which could make negotiations over the price more difficult.

It's less a case of not affording it and more a case of not doing anything silly to put buyers off.