Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

I was expecting more in the press today.

Not even so much as an Andrew Ellis character assassination.

Quite odd...

As said above I'd fancy that may be because the interest seems a bit more formal this time so the media won't be in too much of a hurry to burn their bridges with any potential new owner via overly negative coverage. Furthermore, if the coverage on his past is minimal that may be good news regarding the quality of his activities (or the quality of his PR work)...

After all if boss can't write a character assassination there must not be many skeletons in the cupboard.

Can any investor expect to make their money back over the years?

That is the key question here. I can't see anyone making money out of Rangers without investing a fair amount first - which is rather risky unless they know something we don't (e.g. moving to EPL/Euro League).

Another rumour in another place is that Ellis is from the dark side, in the name of the Creator I hope that is not so.:(X10

Lord, surely you wouldn't do that to us. :admin:

As I said 3 days ago on the other thread regarding the 'interested parties' -

If they're not Rangers supporters then they're either indifferent in their allegiances in Scotland or high flying mopes trying to upset the club in a last gasp attempt to get us dropping points on the park.

Now, while I like a good conspiracy theory, in this case I wouldn't be at all surprised to eventually learn that there were unsporting motives behind a takeover bid at this stage of the season where serious turmoil within Ibrox is possibly the only way that the team on the park could drop enough points to throw this league title to the bheasts. So excuse me if I remain extremely skeptical about this whole thing for the meantime because takeover of the club is potentially where we could really see 'the enemy within'. Ellis should have to fully disclose everyone involved in backing his consortium/company RFC Holdings including any 'silent' backers.

After all if boss can't write a character assassination there must not be many skeletons in the cupboard.

The boss only speaks the truth. ;)

Interested scepticism is the name of this particular game.

As I said 3 days ago on the other thread regarding the 'interested parties' -

Now, while I like a good conspiracy theory, in this case I wouldn't be at all surprised to eventually learn that there were unsporting motives behind a takeover bid at this stage of the season where serious turmoil within Ibrox is possibly the only way that the team on the park could drop enough points to throw this league title to the bheasts. So excuse me if I remain extremely skeptical about this whole thing for the meantime because takeover of the club is potentially where we could really see 'the enemy within'. Ellis should have to fully disclose everyone involved in backing his consortium/company RFC Holdings including any 'silent' backers.

Tie up the league before the takeover, 6-7 weeks for due diligence, easy enough :whistle:

BBC latest is that Ellis will be the biggest investor, putting in the most money. He will be viewing the books on Monday.

Funny how nobody seemed to think he can afford it.