Discussions formally opened with 'certain interested parties'

I'm with Zappa on this, Ellis does seem to have a thing about himself that makes him unliked and his property development/relocations with other clubs makes me not interested. Plus would he be a Rangers man? Doubtful imo

If Ibrox has the possibilty of future increases in value as a result of regeneration, would it not be in MIH's interst to retain its holding? For all the debt held at Rangers amounts to, as a proportion of MIH's overall debt, there must be better ways of improving the balance sheet?

What a very sensible appraisal, Elliot only named offeree, http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/disclosure/disclosure-table ,the Mint should be riding in at any time to take over the reigns....again,,:whistle:

PS.. stunning silence from our "chairman" wonder if he knew anything.

Edited by wabashcannonball

I'm unsure of this guy as well,however it may just trigger interest from other parties??, I can't see his bid being successful if all he wants to do is demolish Ibrox or MP, he may of course be interested in the surrounding area ??

What is strange is that talks have obviously been ongoing for a bit and it didn't leak out. What's happened to all of the sources inside Ibrox who were drip-feeding rumors for the last while?

As far as this bid goes, I think its a bit premature to jump to conclusions about Ellis on what he's done in the past. We don't know anything at all about his bid or the potential other people involved. Besides, if the QPR thing fell apart due to fan pressure, I'm sure at some point in all of this someone would have made him aware of just how passionate our support can be and our numbers.

At least something is happening and the main thing is that Walter has managed to deliver success on the park while all this down-sizing has been going on. If we go on to win the league and are taken over, Celtic will be absolutely kicking themselves for the missed opportunity they've had to gain the upper hand while we're at our weakest.

If someone does buy us shortly, the future is surely looking bright. We've got a much reduced wage bill, less debt that we've had for a while, a mix of youth & experience in the team as well as possible CL football next season. With even modest funds available, our manager could be in a very strong position next year.

Mike.

What I would say is that if we are to improve the locale around Ibrox, have a successful property developer involved (have PPG been successful recently?) is agreeable...

As always though the devil is in the detail so, as was the case with Duffy and as was the case with King et al, we need to know much more before we make up our mind.

We do seem further forward than we were previously though.