So where has it been, this RST?

Rabid journalists in the NOTW and elsewhere, ridiculous accusations of overt cheatery from the piggery, open season on Lafferty and our goalkeeper, further accusations of sectarian singing by Rangers fans ...... and on it goes.

And where is the organisation that was formed to speak up for the interests of Rangers fans? Why the continuing silence? Obviously there can't currently be any useful opportunities for self-advancement.

Maybe they're still talking to Mr Duffy? Forty-eight hours to save Rangers? Surely we deserve better.:whistle:

Rabid journalists in the NOTW and elsewhere, ridiculous accusations of overt cheatery from the piggery, open season on Lafferty and our goalkeeper, further accusations of sectarian singing by Rangers fans ...... and on it goes.

And where is the organisation that was formed to speak up for the interests of Rangers fans? Why the continuing silence? Obviously there can't currently be any useful opportunities for self-advancement.

Maybe they're still talking to Mr Duffy? Forty-eight hours to save Rangers? Surely we deserve better.:whistle:

Same old, same old. Firstly the Trust was not formed to 'speak up for the interests of Rangers fans'. It was set up to promote wider share ownership and supporters' representation at Board level. We took on the role of defending the fans as the Club weren't prepared to do it. In terms of accusations from Celtic FC, I think Walter is doing very well in getting our point across. Lafferty and Mcgregor, surely it's up to the Club to address this but neither player exactly helps with they way they live their lives, do they? Sectarian singing? I, as much as any fan, deplore these accusations but while a number of our fans bastardise the words to Follow, Follow with the Dundee, Hamilton and what follows, how do you defend that when someone points it out. I know all the arguements about what they sing, but think about it for a minute. You can try to do battle with the media but you have to pick battles you can win.

I'll ignore the sarcasm in the rest of your post. Glad to see it's now 48 hours to save Rangers and not 48 days.:rolleyes: Funny, I was at that conference and all I can remember was that it was 48 (or thereabouts) days until the transfer window opened. This was before it was announced that an agreement had been reached with LBG. Still, keep on posting what you believe to be true, it just isn't.

I think you'll find the same old is the same old absent RST. Missing in inaction. Despite your predictable protestations the fact remains that the RST has been decidedly awol during the recent spate of attacks on the club and fans - there's no hiding the silence and the lack of the sort of all-media presence that accompanied the rush to occupy the centre ground when they thought Duffy was offering a seat at the table.

If the RST cannot speak up against our detractors then, seriously, what's the point? You need to get off your arses and focus on what I realise might seem rather mundane issues to you. The people over on VB are making complaints to the Press Complaints Commission while the RST is still figuring out what's going on. It's pathetic.

Edited by maineflyer

I think you'll find the same old is the same old absent RST. Missing in inaction. Despite your predictable protestations the fact remains that the RST has been decidedly awol during the recent spate of attacks on the club and fans - there's no hiding the silence and the lack of the sort of all-media presence that accompanied the rush to occupy the centre ground when they thought Duffy was offering a seat at the table.

If the RST cannot speak up against our detractors then, seriously, what's the point? You need to get off your arses and focus on what I realise might seem rather mundane issues to you. The people over on VB are making complaints to the Press Complaints Commission while the RST is still figuring out what's going on. It's pathetic.

I have nothing to do with the RST but i don't believe that everything about them is bad. To be honest MF i feel when it comes to the RST you may have a touch of timmy Paranoia MF. Sorry.

I have nothing to do with the RST but i don't believe that everything about them is bad. To be honest MF i feel when it comes to the RST you may have a touch of timmy Paranoia MF. Sorry.

:D:D:D strange post ..... wtf are you sorry about?

While MF may not be as subtle as some would like, the Trust have been rather quiet of late.

Sure, we've seen and heard them in the media with regard to the takeover which is positive enough but I see little influence in terms of being closely involved in the issue. That is worrying as we want as many bears as possible involved in such matters but I'm sure it could change if the Ellis (or AN Other) deal progresses.

The problem the Trust faces (and it isn't limited to the present incumbents) is how to reach the fans they haven't already in terms of a credible voice. That's where they should be concentrating their minds - as opposed to commenting about crap such as the McJannet issue (although the VB response is commendable).

Perhaps plgsarmy could enlighten us as to what they want to achieve and how they intend going about it in that regard? Would make for a more constructive thread than the usual crap seen elsewhere.

I'm afraid the importance of subtle language is rather lost on me when it comes to a dysfunctional (but intrinsically important) part of the Rangers community. It may seem inherently necessary to some but I'd be far more impressed with an effective RST that didn't continually re-invent itself to suit its less-than-acceptable past performance. The fact is the RST seems to stumble from one glut of inactivity to the next and I find myself intrigued as to the motives of those running it. This is a critical time for this club and is there was ever a time for open and active debate, led by supporter groups, then surely this is it.

Of course, for those to whom these things are also important, since I'm not a member, I have absolutely no basis on which to question the RST or comment upon it.:)

The same criticisms can be laid at the door of the Association and Assembly - neither of the fan groups are being particularly active or leading from the front in this topic.

The problem may be more because they're just the same as us in that they know little, are not closely involved and yield minimal influence therein. However, that could change and the supporters organisations could perhaps be a bit more pro-active in that regard.

Ergo, it would be be good to see a positive debate without the kind of abuse and insults we've seen elsewhere lately. Thankfully Gersnet appears the one place you'll find such debate. Several Trust members - former or current - and a few Trust board members - past or current - use the place so the facility is there for an informed, balanced debate.

What suggestions would you make for improvement, MF?

PS: I'm not saying it is solely up to you to provide the spark for the debate but given you've created the thread, let's take it forward in a constructive sense.

The same criticisms can be laid at the door of the Association and Assembly - neither of the fan groups are being particularly active or leading from the front in this topic.

The problem may be more because they're just the same as us in that they know little, are not closely involved and yield minimal influence therein. However, that could change and the supporters organisations could perhaps be a bit more pro-active in that regard.

Ergo, it would be be good to see a positive debate without the kind of abuse and insults we've seen elsewhere lately. Thankfully Gersnet appears the one place you'll find such debate. Several Trust members - former or current - and a few Trust board members - past or current - use the place so the facility is there for an informed, balanced debate.

What suggestions would you make for improvement, MF?

PS: I'm not saying it is solely up to you to provide the spark for the debate but given you've created the thread, let's take it forward in a constructive sense.

You're right to take the debate to a more constructive level. I will think on this but any meaningful reply will have to come later. Ain't work a nuisance?:)