Guy has 'apologised' for the article and it has been removed...

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/blog/2010/04/message_from_ma.html

Mark Stokes is a longtime observer of international soccer who provides occasional commentary and analysis for the Corner Kicks blog.

In reference to the article entitled 'Celtic-Rangers game should be held at Gillette, not Fenway' of April 28, I wish to convey my most sincere apologies for any distress caused to fans of Glagsow Rangers or Glasgow Celtic, or others, many of whom have written to comment.

In reference to the Ibrox disaster of 1971, it is my belief that no one was responsible for this awful tragedy. It was, and remains, a terrible tragedy and its victims will be in my thoughts and prayers henceforth.

It was my intention through this article to convey to the people of Boston the passions of the respective fans, and for balanced reporting purposes, I had intended taking comments from Rangers fans in a subsequent article.

I remain hopeful that the Old Firm will play in the Boston area this summer so the citizens of Boston can experience the atmosphere which is unique to this fixture.

Editor's note: The article referenced here has been removed because of concerns about the content.

It was the fact that they were perpetuating the myth of "the greatest fans in the world" yet slating us for things that have received unfair media coverage that annoyed me. eg Barcelona, where (imho) some fans were a little bit of an embarrassment, but the "mess" the "city" was left in, was in concentrated areas mainly public ones where there was not suitable provisions for the volume of people, in particular with regards to the litter generated. And any trouble (that I saw) was in retaliation to pick pockets!

Doesnt make it Republican necessarily.

It does, however, have a HUGE Irish & Catholic contingent and anyone I have met there who is into "soccer" has Celtic ties.

I know that during St Paddy's Day they have enormous parades and, just like New York City, once upon a time during such parades were making collections for the IRA.....

Well were I come from thats enough to call you republican or a republican sympathiser.

I also hope that Rangers pull out of the friendly, the guy who wrote the article should be made to feel guilty at costing the city of Boston the chance to see a famous old firm match, that will serve the stupid c**t right !

Mark Stokes article bears ALL the hallmarks of the fantasist, Phil McGillivan.

Once again, just like our trials with UEFA, the on going BBC Scotland problems, and any such article popping up at regular intervals in foreign press; freelance Donegal based(but born'n'bred in Baillieston), McGillivan has provided the necessary 'facts' to the fellow ignorant journo concerned.

Would Glasgow have wanted England fans up back in the mid to late 90s and early naughties?

Glasgow has enough to worry about without inviting arseholes up to riot just like Boston has its own minority of arseholes who feel the need to riot going by the videos that Ian posted.