I personally don't rate the Portsmouth players that much, average players for ridiculous wages, even now when they are in administration. Their players for their last cup final I would have taken and we did get one, Mendes.

I personally don't rate the Portsmouth players that much, average players for ridiculous wages, even now when they are in administration. Their players for their last cup final I would have taken and we did get one, Mendes.

There is plenty of good players at portsmouth that would walk into most positions in our team for example aruna dindane, john utaka,aaron mokoana,tal ben haim,marc wilson,belhadj,boupa diop, sowah and thats just off the top of my head. To say average players is a bit harsh maybe average premiership players but good spl players! Although i do agree with the wages problem that would be a massive stumbling block for us!

There is plenty of good players at portsmouth that would walk into most positions in our team for example aruna dindane, john utaka,aaron mokoana,tal ben haim,marc wilson,belhadj,boupa diop, sowah and thats just off the top of my head. To say average players is a bit harsh maybe average premiership players but good spl players! Although i do agree with the wages problem that would be a massive stumbling block for us!

sorry mate but you have just joined the " they play in the EPL they must be good club " dont worry you aint alone , european teams have been passing off average players as superstars to the english for years , the term bullshit baffles brains spings to mind

Put another way , Charlie Adam who was nothing more than ok for us is sold for �£500,000 , he has an ok season for a team finishing 6th, yes 6th , in the Championship and now he is rated at �£ 5 million , now just look at some of the players you mentioned and look at their transfer fee's and wages and go compare with oor charlie .

sorry forgot to add we are as guilty as the english for buying diddy's of agents who took the piss out of Murray and Bain

Edited by rbr

sorry mate but you have just joined the " they play in the EPL they must be good club " dont worry you aint alone , european teams have been passing off average players as superstars to the english for years , the term bullshit baffles brains spings to mind

Put another way , Charlie Adam who was nothing more than ok for us is sold for �£500,000 , he has an ok season for a team finishing 6th, yes 6th , in the Championship and now he is rated at �£ 5 million , now just look at some of the players you mentioned and look at their transfer fee's and wages and go compare with oor charlie .

sorry forgot to add we are as guilty as the english for buying diddy's of agents who took the piss out of Murray and Bain

It's not about me thinking they play in the EPL so they must be good, it's about me watching the EPL and seeing Portsmouth playing that they have good players they have a lot of international players that have played in high level not just with portsmouth with previous clubs aswell! While I agree that Charlie Adam is no way worth �£5 million he has had a better than ok season i think he has scored around 20 goals from midfield I would say that is better than an ok season and the Championship is a lot more competetive than half the top leagues in Europe just take Leicester and Nottm Forest for example just up from League one and straight into the Playoffs in there first season back up!

the Championship is a lot more competetive than half the top leagues in Europe just take Leicester and Nottm Forest for example just up from League one and straight into the Playoffs in there first season back up!

Is that a good argument for the quality of a league, or quite the opposite.

Belhadj is probably the only player I would have out of those you have mentioned, I just don't rate them.

You can't be serious mate. http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/images/smilies/confused.gifHave you seen Dindane this season he has a good goals per game ratio in the best league in the world for a team who is bottom! John Utaka is great big athletic holding midfielder who can also double up and play off the front 2! Tal ben Haim has 50 plus international caps and played champions league football, kevin prince boateng had a good season and is being strongly linked with Man City and Arsenal. Ricardo Rocha another internationalist who has had a decent season and has experience of European football, I am not saying these players are World Class but they could come up to scotland and run amock and be good additions to our team but as u mentioned earlier we could not afford there wages!

Is that a good argument for the quality of a league, or quite the opposite.

I think the championship has a decent level of quality, I am not going to say they have world class players but i think they have a good level of quality. They're is a good few players in the championship I think would be good additions to our team. It's of a much higher quality that the spl anyway thats for sure!

I think the championship has a decent level of quality, I am not going to say they have world class players but i think they have a good level of quality. They're is a good few players in the championship I think would be good additions to our team. It's of a much higher quality that the spl anyway thats for sure!

Aye you're right there, yon Charlie Adam would be no a bad signing for us....:whistle:

It's not about me thinking they play in the EPL so they must be good, it's about me watching the EPL and seeing Portsmouth playing that they have good players they have a lot of international players that have played in high level not just with portsmouth with previous clubs aswell! While I agree that Charlie Adam is no way worth �£5 million he has had a better than ok season i think he has scored around 20 goals from midfield I would say that is better than an ok season and the Championship is a lot more competetive than half the top leagues in Europe just take Leicester and Nottm Forest for example just up from League one and straight into the Playoffs in there first season back up!

sorry but that just shows how poor the championship actually is , and as for the Epl how many really top class players play in England , by that I dont mean according to the bbc or Sky if there was a european team how many would be from the EPl , just look at the C/L team of the year from the last few years as proof , over paid , over hyped , and generally piss poor games