"There are limited funds available to strengthen the team, which is necessary, and Alistair Johnston and the board are drawing up a business plan for that," said Murray.

Johnston confirmed: ââ?¬Å?I did not want to arrange meetings with Lloyds, or the management team, until after the game on May 9. I didnââ?¬â?¢t want to be presumptuous about us winning the SPL title, despite our points advantage.

ââ?¬Å?Lloyds will have to take a view. But I will be telling them Rangers need a level of investment to maintain our status as SPL champions and to represent Scotland in Europe.

ââ?¬Å?There are only so many times you can polish up an old bus and pump up the tyres.

ââ?¬Å?These points will be made by myself, by the board and by the management team in our consultations with Lloyds. Hopefully, they will recognise what Walter has been saying ââ?¬â?? that Rangers need a level of investment.ââ?¬Â

Seems like AJ is saying that nothing has been decided yet as he has not met with the bank, and yet Murray states that there are funds available but doesn't say where these funds are from. I know which of these is most plausible.

why cant we just sell mcgregor and bougherra for 7 million each and give walter 10 million to spend in the summer simples

Clubs won't pay that, they will look for cut price deals considering our financial situation. I would also doubt we would get �£7m for McGregor now.

I think goodwillie would be a decent signing for in the SPL, but when we go into the champs league i fear embarrasment again as the players at our signing level just aren't going to be good enough to challenge even the middle of road champs league teams harsh but true! Bougherra is 90% away boyd is 99.9% away although we dont get a transfer fee for him and mcgregor is a good shout to go amongst others aswell i presume, so we should be making at the very least 10 mil for them, whether the whole lot would get reinvested is a different story but i think we need to look at the championship and go sniffing around portsmouth as they are in dire straits financial and they are relegated and they do have a good few decent players. You can also pick up bargains from scandanavia and the like as we have done before!

Guest Flying Hippo

The Portsmouth players wages are way beyond us. Nacho Novo is only on �£10,000 a week and we can't afford to offer him any more than a 1 year contract, so i think that blatantly suggests we won't be signing anyone from the Premiership

The Portsmouth players wages are way beyond us. Nacho Novo is only on �£10,000 a week and we can't afford to offer him any more than a 1 year contract, so i think that blatantly suggests we won't be signing anyone from the Premiership

My understanding is that Novo is on less than that.