Ellis Interest Re-iterated

That the official site doesn't have anything on this, that ESPN and the BBC still aren't covering it and it barely registers in news search engines really doesn't bode especially well.

All we have is Ellis speaking to Sky Sports News telling them a few details and that he hopes to do it within the month.

At best it's tenuous, at worst it's almost nothing.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
I don't think it is a statement of what is available to buy. It is just listing the directors of RFC and MIH who own or control Rangers shares and what shares they own or control.

So in reality it means nothing other than what the directors hold? can it be useful for saying things along the lines of 'Should Ellis want to buy all those shares, he can', ie, Murray cant now himself (obviously if a buyer agrees it would change) dictate what shareholding he wants to keep?

So in reality it means nothing other than what the directors hold?

Correct.

can it be useful for saying things along the lines of 'Should Ellis want to buy all those shares, he can', ie, Murray cant now himself (obviously if a buyer agrees it would change) dictate what shareholding he wants to keep?

No. We don't know what Ellis has bid for. Certainly MIH's holding, but we don't know if it also includes MSL's and/or Murray's personal shares. It is possible that Ellis is only going to buy MIH's shares.

I doubt Murray will split up any of the 3 individual holdings (ie he probably won't sell 50% of the shares that MSL hold and keep 50% - it will be an all or nothing), but he may wish to hold onto his own or MSL's.

Guest Flying Hippo

"it's a joke" is about the most juvenile wording possible. Edgar should've kept that line to himself or at least tried to word it in a way that doesn't make the trust look like a bunch of teenagers

Thank you Bluedell, cleared it up.

Any time, mate.

I should add that I believe that the statement is just a legal formality, although I'm no expert in this area.

The bit that was of most interest to me was:

2. POSITIONS OF THE PARTY TO THE OFFER MAKING THE DISCLOSURE

(a) Interests and short positions in the relevant securities of the offeror or

offeree to which the disclosure relates

Class of relevant security: ORDINARY SHARES OF 10p

Interests Short positions

Number % Number %

(1) Relevant securities owned and/or controlled: 115,000 0.11

(2) Derivatives (other than options):

(3) Options and agreements to purchase/sell:

TOTAL: 115,000 0.11

What shares are they referring to? Is that shares owned by Ellis? If so, when did he buy them as I don't see these transactions through on Plus Markets.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Any time, mate.

I should add that I believe that the statement is just a legal formality, although I'm no expert in this area.

The bit that was of most interest to me was:

What shares are they referring to? Is that shares owned by Ellis? If so, when did he buy them as I don't see these transactions through on Plus Markets.

could that be a clue as to the identity of any backers? is there a way to find out who might hold 115'000 shares exactly?

Just got told that he has 3 serious backers behind him and he is the front! Supposedly 1 of the backers at least is a billionaire! I think we should make aguero our top target this year to play alongside lafferty and get puyol in nxt to big davie weir and maybe messi and mcculloch in the middle of the park