Ellis Interest Re-iterated

A �£33m bid, Murray a life presidency, Smith a 3 year contract, all talk at the moment. Lets wait and see, tho' it seems strange to me you would give all this to the media, before any deal has been done.

Unless you are giving fair warning to other interested parties!!

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into Murray being offered the position of Life President. He may not accept and even if he does it smacks of being ceremonial rather than having any real power.

Remember when Abramovich took over Chelsea? Ken Bates stayed on as Chairman.....for only 9 months.

Then why float the idea at all?

As rbr says above, season ticket sales is all anyone needs to think about to understand this bit of non-news.

The Murray thing sounds to me like a gesture at this stage more than anything else. If a bid buys the club and clears the debt, there's no way the new owners will give Murray power as it will just make things messy. Maybe they're just appealing to Murray's vanity?

I think we need to give the guy the benefit of the doubt as so far, he's the only one who is actually progressing with a bid. We've heard that he's not a Rangers man, but there are at least 3 Rangers men who have talked a lot about buying the club but done feck all about it. Actions speak louder than words and it's disappointing to see the way some of these guys have handled themselves through the media as well.

Mike.

just out of interest would there not need to be an announcement made to the city , as for the last few months we were getting told that was why no one could say anything about this proposed takeover , so what's changed

If there's an official bid made then yes, but I'm there's nothing that can be done to stop parties leaking info to the media if its in their interest to do so. The public comments from Ellis at the moment are very generic, so its not like he's giving anything away, seems to be playing his cards close to his chest.

Maybe he's decided to speak out now after the concerted effort by some others to proclaim that the Ellis deal was dead in the water?

Then why float the idea at all?

As rbr says above, season ticket sales is all anyone needs to think about to understand this bit of non-news.

Who knows? Season ticket sales are certainly one explanation. Another is that Ellis is still reliant on Murray for the deal to go through and is trying to butter up his ego.

If it is a genuine offer, I doubt Murray would accept. It's not really his style and he would also be leaving himself open to claims of hypocrisy, given that he wouldn't stay on the board, even as a non-exec, during current times.

Murray being president would only be an honorary position and have as much influence in the running as the Queen has in parliament or a rector has in a university.

It's probably a PR exercise aimed at smoothing the deal and placating those who still keep him in high esteem.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Bluedell, can you make sense of this please? it is apparently the statement on plus detailing what shares are being made available to buy. Is that pretty much all of Murray's holding or will it leave him with a decent chunk please? Sorry to come asking, but take it as a compliment :D

POSITIONS OF PERSONS ACTING IN CONCERT WITH THE PARTY TO THE OFFER MAKING

THE DISCLOSURE

Details of any interests, short positions and rights to subscribe of any

person acting in concert with the party to the offer making the disclosure:

Rangers' Directors and Murray International Holdings' Directors interests in

The Rangers Football Club plc:

Note Shares % of Issued Capital

Sir D.E. Murray* 1 99,801,034 91.7

J.F. McClelland CBE 76,000 0.1

A.J. Johnston 10,020 -

M.E. Bain 2 2,000 -

J. Greig 5,000 -

J.D.G. Wilson* 1,600 -

D.D. Murray* 5,733 -

D.W.M. Horne* 500 -

Total 99,901,887 91.8

* Director of Murray International Holdings Ltd, and not The Rangers Football

Club plc.

Notes:

1. Sir D.E. Murray's interest includes Murray International Holdings Ltd and

Murray Sports Ltd interest in The Rangers Football Club plc of 62,060,479 and

37,448,489 respectively.

2. M.E. Bain also has options to purchase up to 1,000,000 unissued ordinary

shares at an exercise price of 62.5 pence per share at any time up to 11

December 2017.

3. D.C. McIntyre, Finance Director of The Rangers Football Club plc, has options

to purchase up to 200,000 unissued ordinary shares at an exercise price of

62.5 pence per share at any time up to 11 December 2017.

Bluedell, can you make sense of this please? it is apparently the statement on plus detailing what shares are being made available to buy. Is that pretty much all of Murray's holding or will it leave him with a decent chunk please? Sorry to come asking, but take it as a compliment :D

I don't think it is a statement of what is available to buy. It is just listing the directors of RFC and MIH who own or control Rangers shares and what shares they own or control.

Gers fans cautious over takeover talk.

Andrew Ellis' revelation that he is looking to complete the takeover of Rangers later this month will be met with "qualified optimism" by fans.

That's the opinion of Rangers Supporters Trust spokesman David Edgar.

Rangers are just under �£30million in debt and are under investigation by HM Revenue and Customs over a tax issue but property developer Ellis is pressing on with his plans to buy the SPL champions.

He claimed that if his reported takeover bid of �£33million goes through, he will offer manager Walter Smith a new contract and also offer the role of life president to the club's owner Sir David Murray.

Smith and his assistants Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall have been working without a contract since January.

Ellis said: "The bid includes all the club's debt and I'm optimistic there will be serious developments in the next three to four weeks."

Edgar said the RST will meet up with Ellis in the forthcoming weeks to seek answers to questions that are being asked by the whole of the Rangers support.

He said: "I suppose you could say the news has been met with qualified optimism.

"We don't know a lot about him and we couldn't find out a lot about him during the due diligence process.

"We had informal discussions with his representatives recently but at this stage we simply do not know enough.

"Now we look forward to hearing answers to some pertinent questions, the first one, of course, being, 'why bid for Rangers?'

"He has no historical connection with the club although that is not necessarily a bad thing.

"We also want to know where he sees the club in a few years' time, so there are concerns.

"But what I will stress is that Andrew Ellis has conducted himself perfectly through the negotiations.

"He has been doing all the right things.

"If the bid goes through it will take the club out of the bank's control which is fantastic.

"But the Rangers support is suspicious; promises have been made in the past and not kept.

"Andrew Ellis will have to deliver what he says he will deliver and if he does he will get the full support of the fans."

Ellis' promise to give Murray the role of life president will not go down well with the Rangers support, according to Edgar.

He said: "It's a joke but I'm sure Andrew Ellis has his own reasons for this."

http://www.teamtalk.com/rangers/6132549/Gers-fans-cautious-over-takeover-talk