If he'd kept up the form of December, which utterly impressed me, I'd be gagging for us to hold onto him. But in 5 years, one month of smashing all round play isn't really enough for me.

Yet you salivate over 5 or 6 decent games in 2 seasons by Lafferty.... ironic ?

Yet you salivate over 5 or 6 decent games in 2 seasons by Lafferty.... ironic ?

Not unless you've misunderstood me :D

In fact your post backs my comment up. I would be gagging to keep Boyd if he'd kept up his form of a small period of time last year. Just like I praise Lafferty for getting some serious form recently.

The difference is I never stopped having faith in Lafferty, unlike most. And in Boyd I know exactly what he can do and what he always did.

So, what say ye to that :)

In fact your post backs my comment up. I would be gagging to keep Boyd if he'd kept up his form of a small period of time last year. Just like I praise Lafferty for getting some serious form recently.

The difference is I never stopped having faith in Lafferty, unlike most. And in Boyd I know exactly what he can do and what he always did.

I am sure that isnt the case.... I do believe there was a thread earlier this season where even you questioned your sanity over Lafferty's ability.

Guest Flying Hippo

Lets just wait and see then. If Boyd leaves and we don't replace him with another serious goal scorer I personally think we'll struggle to win the league again. 23 SPL goals this season & 27 last season aren't the sort of numbers we should be turning our noses up at just because he doesn't always please the eye.

I'd rather we didn't have a 'goalscorer' if it meant seeing us play the 4-3-3 we played throughout pre season with Miller through the middle with Davis just off him, and Naismith and Novo wide (though obviously Nacho won't be here)

Edited by Flying Hippo

I'd rather we didn't have a 'goalscorer' if it meant seeing us play the 4-3-3 we played throughout pre season with Miller through the middle and Naismith and Novo wide (though obviously Nacho won't be here)

Even if we dont win the league whilst playing such formation ?

Guest Flying Hippo
Even if we dont win the league whilst playing such formation ?

The last time we played 4-3-3 (a proper 4-3-3, not a 4-5-1) over the course of a season we won the title and scored 101 league goals, despite no one scoring more than 20 league goals

I'd take my chances with it again

I've said before, i have no idea who'll be here next season but i'd really like to see us lining up like:

McGregor

Whittaker ? ? Papac

Edu Thomson

? Davis Fleck

Miller

I am sure that isnt the case.... I do believe there was a thread earlier this season where even you questioned your sanity over Lafferty's ability.

His form was dire and I briefly wondered if I'd been wrong. But if that's the best response you can provide my post, I guess that says it all :)

Cousin cost less than �£1 million so the idea that we can't afford to buy such a forward is ludicrous. Not to mention the fact that we already have 3 forwards on our books, probably 4 if you count Naismith, with a much better all round game than Boyd

It's not just transfer fees, it's wages. And it's not just about one individual transfer. If we keep Boyd we don;t need to speand a million on a replacement and can keep that money for other signings. It doesn't need to be Boyd or a new player necessarily and getting rid of Boyd for nothing does not represent good football or financial sense no matter how anyone aims to paint it.

Whilst our 4 other strikers might have a better all round game, their contribution to the cause and to our success is less than Boyd with the possible exception of Miller. You cannot just dismiss his goals as nigh on nothing because the other strikers are stronger in other areas.

Here you've said nothing and your follow up post is equally lacking in substance so it's quite comical the way you responded to craig as if you're "winning" the debate. :D