The last time we played 4-3-3 (a proper 4-3-3, not a 4-5-1) over the course of a season we won the title and scored 101 league goals, despite no one scoring more than 20 league goals

I'd take my chances with it again

I've said before, i have no idea who'll be here next season but i'd really like to see us lining up like:

McGregor

Whittaker ? ? Papac

Edu Thomson

? Davis Fleck

Miller

To be fair I would like to see that formation too - am sure I have suggested in the past. It allows us to play our best players, IMO, in their best positions.

Davis has to be central and Thomson and Edu would both be starters for me. But many will disagree with the use of 2 holding CM's. I would like to see it tried because both Thomson and Edu (moreso Edu) could get forward in support knowing full well that the other would be holding back and covering.

The right winger and Fleck, though, would need to be able to quickly support the front man (Davis too) but also not forget their defensive duties.

But a true 4-3-3 would be needed because Miller up top alone with no support would not work IMO.

His form was dire and I briefly wondered if I'd been wrong. But if that's the best response you can provide my post, I guess that says it all :)

Not at all.

Lafferty hasnt proven himself and if you think he has then you are easily pleased.

Likewise, if Boyd's 100+ goals in 150 games hasnt convinced you he is the most prolific scorer we have and is unlikely to be surpassed by anyone we presently have then you never will be.

7 games doesnt make a player. Lafferty should be judged over a season and, this past season, he wasnt good enough. Simple enough. Next season, he starts afresh, and likely as a starting striker - we can then judge him against Boyd.

Am still willing to bet he wont score as often as Boyd does - and that his assists wont be that significant either.

As I say though, more than happy to be proved wrong. There is definitely a bit of a player in there - it just hasnt come out often enough yet.

The last time we played 4-3-3 (a proper 4-3-3, not a 4-5-1) over the course of a season we won the title and scored 101 league goals, despite no one scoring more than 20 league goals

I'd take my chances with it again

I've said before, i have no idea who'll be here next season but i'd really like to see us lining up like:

McGregor

Whittaker ? ? Papac

Edu Thomson

? Davis Fleck

Miller

Yip agreed, was going to mention the last time we played 4-3-3 we got goals from everywhere albeit with better players. But its a system where if you put the right players in then chances will come from all over the place.

WS wont share the 4-3-3 view though :)