The usual end of season thread - who would you keep and who would you sell from the players who played their fair share of games this season?

KEEP

McGregor

Whittaker

Papac

Boogie

Weir

Wilson

McCulloch

Davis

Thomson

Edu (still not totally convinced by him)

Boyd

Miller

Alexander

Novo

SELL

Lafferty (for peanuts)

Broadfoot

Smith

Naismith

We need some creativity in the middle of the park.

Keep

Alexander

McGregor

Papac

Whittaker

Bougherra (Unlikely)

Webster ( See what he has to offer)

Weir ( Backup)

Wilson

Davis

Fleck

Thomson

McCulloch

Edu

Miller

Boyd

Novo

Out

Broadfoot ( Unsure about him)

Beasley (Too Lightweight)

Naismith (Loan)

Lafferty (Loan)

Velicka

Smith

Wingers, some forwards and full backs please.

Guest Flying Hippo

It's kind of pointless, fans speculating about who we should keep and who we should sell, given the current situation

We'll be lucky to have 11 senior players on our books in 6 weeks time

Though in some kind of parallel universe where we were trying to build a quality side, i'd sell everyone bar McGregor, Alexander, Papac, Whittaker, Bougherra, Wilson, Davis, Edu, Thomson, Fleck, Novo, Miller

Guest Flying Hippo
What harm is it doing? :confused:

None at all. It just creates a false idea that we (i.e. the club) has any degree of control over who stays and who goes. People will inevitably say keep Bougherra, Davis and Boyd, sell Naismith and Lafferty, as if there's any chance of this actually happening.

I wouldn't be averse to losing a few players but given we also have 6 players out of contract and unconfirmed as re-signing as well as constant links to other key players not out of contract, I'm not sure we have the luxury of further changes at this moment in time.

We have the basis of a very good team if the money is made available to strengthen it properly , however that is the million dollar question , if as expected Wilson and Bougherra leave will Walter be given funds necessary to fill the gaps .

We need wide players and a new center half , even with Webster returning in fact possibly 2 center halfs .Also a decent physical striker would be a bonus , as neither Lafferty nor Naismith fill me with confidence , however since the league finishes this weekend and no meetings have been arranged as of 9am this morning between AJ and LLoyds I guess there is no rush .

The only player I'd accept leaving would be Boyd.

Quite honestly we're not in a position to let anyone else go.

Bougherra and McGregor could go - as long as the income was reinvested into the team.

Both are replaceable IMO - even if they have given fine contributions to the team over the last few years.