I don't think the team will be at all weakened by Boyd leaving, in all honesty. Granted we'll miss his goals but we won't exactly be losing anything else (all round game) If Miller can hit the 20 goal mark again next year, we'll be fine

Some don't like it on this forum when Boyd gets criticised.

Some don't like it on this forum when Boyd gets criticised.

I think that's a normal position to take for a player who has once again made a huge contribution to our success. It is somewhat surpising you seem to offer your full support to players who have contributed less than Boyd yet seem to deride his contribution. :confused:

I think that's a normal position to take for a player who has once again made a huge contribution to our success. It is somewhat surpising you seem to offer your full support to players who have contributed less than Boyd yet seem to deride his contribution. :confused:

Oh, I don't deride his contribution to us in the past - the man has scored many many goals and only a fool would undermine that.

What I don't like is his recent arrogance in the press regarding his own future, which has gone up the noses of more than just myself, trust me, plus his general all round game going back to the shitter this calendar year.

I don't think we'd be poorer without him.

Oh, I don't deride his contribution to us in the past - the man has scored many many goals and only a fool would undermine that.

What I don't like is his recent arrogance in the press regarding his own future, which has gone up the noses of more than just myself, trust me, plus his general all round game going back to the shitter this calendar year.

So we'd get rid of Boyd based on a poor couple of months (largely down to the uncertainty surrounding his and the club's future), yet for the likes of Lafferty we'll support him fully for only recently showing any kind of promise after a year + of rubbish.

I'm not saying we shouldn't support Lafferty. I just don't get not giving support to Boyd for very spurious reasons yet vehemently defending other players who have done less to garner such support. :confused:

In an ideal world we'd back all the players (within reason).

I don't think the team will be at all weakened by Boyd leaving, in all honesty. Granted we'll miss his goals but we won't exactly be losing anything else (all round game) If Miller can hit the 20 goal mark again next year, we'll be fine

Apologies for deleting my first post, didn't realise it had already been quoted!

I know I read it because I read it twice, and I am still laughing....:)

We wouldnt be poorer without his current form, I would agree. That said he was brought back from injury prematurely and has struggled badly because of it. Not an excuse but a real observation.

However, a contribution, like a league, should be judged over a full season - and Boyd has, yet again, finished as our top scorer. No-one other than Miller comes even close to comparable.

When we lose 25 goals a season and are replacing him with maybe 10-15 a season (which is what Naismith and Lafferty would likely be) then it is easy to see that Boyd's contribution WOULD be missed. Also, lets not forget, through the 1st half of the season his contribution was so much more - he was far more a team player and to suggest otherwise is wrong IMO. He was coming up with assists too.

Simply, we can't replace his goals with anyone currently in our squad.

Lafferty has shown signs of improvement but he will NEVER be as prolific as Boyd and I can say that without fear of contradiction at some future stage.

Naismith also would never provide the goals Boyd does.

And you can continue on with Fleck, Velicka etc.

If anyone thinks we could replace Boyd and his goals for the 400k he cost then I, for one, think you are out of touch with reality (not trying to be facetious, cant think of a better way to put it).

We wouldnt be poorer without his current form, I would agree. That said he was brought back from injury prematurely and has struggled badly because of it. Not an excuse but a real observation.

However, a contribution, like a league, should be judged over a full season - and Boyd has, yet again, finished as our top scorer. No-one other than Miller comes even close to comparable.

When we lose 25 goals a season and are replacing him with maybe 10-15 a season (which is what Naismith and Lafferty would likely be) then it is easy to see that Boyd's contribution WOULD be missed. Also, lets not forget, through the 1st half of the season his contribution was so much more - he was far more a team player and to suggest otherwise is wrong IMO. He was coming up with assists too.

Simply, we can't replace his goals with anyone currently in our squad.

Lafferty has shown signs of improvement but he will NEVER be as prolific as Boyd and I can say that without fear of contradiction at some future stage.

Do you still stand by this?

Naismith also would never provide the goals Boyd does.

Provides assists though...

And you can continue on with Fleck, Velicka etc.

If anyone thinks we could replace Boyd and his goals for the 400k he cost then I, for one, think you are out of touch with reality (not trying to be facetious, cant think of a better way to put it).

Where did I say you could replace him and his goals for 400k. You just made that up!

What I do believe is that Lafferty has got 5 in his last 7 games - a tally Boyd is familiar with. Lafferty might not be Mr Popular on this and other forums, but clearly the fans at Ibrox are warming to him and gave him an almighty ovation yesterday - he has the ability to score goals, just like Boyd.

It's taken him a long time to settle, but surely people can see that while the two are different players, Lafferty is capable of scoring plenty of goals.

So we'd get rid of Boyd based on a poor couple of months (largely down to the uncertainty surrounding his and the club's future),

If that's the reason for his poor form, why hasn't Weir played poorly too?

yet for the likes of Lafferty we'll support him fully for only recently showing any kind of promise after a year + of rubbish.

I'm not saying we shouldn't support Lafferty. I just don't get not giving support to Boyd for very spurious reasons yet vehemently defending other players who have done less to garner such support. :confused:

In an ideal world we'd back all the players (within reason).

I do back all the players. I never once said I didn't. I do support Boyd just like I support everyone in the light blue. I just wouldn't cry to sleep if we sold him and I'm clearly not alone.

If that's the reason for his poor form, why hasn't Weir played poorly too?

Beacause different people respond differently to the same situation. :rolleyes:

Not really sure what you think you're proving with that point. Boyd's form clearly detiorated with injury and specualtion over his future. The difference with Weir also being that he has made his fortune, achieved a lot in his career and knows the club will pay up to keep him if he decides to stay.

If we get some more goals from midfielders next season, Miller steps up again as part of a settled strike partnership, we should be able to cover Boyd's tally. But that's a big if.

Some fans have never taken to Boyd no matter what he did. Not entirely sure why, but apart from a mass love-in when he beat Larsson's scoring record, he's struggled to win over many in our support.