You can be a glass half-empty guy all you like - I will be a cup half-full.

We won the league - today's result was absolutely meaningless.

Football games and results are never meaningless just like there's no such thing as a bad goal.

Guest Flying Hippo

Can understand Gazza's annoyance. Throwing it away like that was disgraceful, dive or no dive, title over or title not over. Still, it's probably already forgotten about. I blame Lafferty's lack of robot dance after his second goal; clearly lulled the whole team into believing the game was over ;)

are you actually enoying us winning the league :confused::whistle:

What a strange question to ask.

Absolutely, however, drawing 3-3 after being 3-1 up in the 90th minute pisses me off.

Shit happens. Weir, who's had a cracking season made a dreadful mistake to gift them their 2nd goal, then the ref & officials made a dreadful mistake to award Motherwell the penalty. Don't take anything away from Motherwell's efforts though because after their drubbing at Ibrox the last time & after coming back from 2-6 down against Hibs last week they were never going to give up today. They needed a win to guarantee them European football next season and they showed that they wanted it. Obviously we should have won the game today, but at least we didn't lose and actually only lost it due to the aforementioned mistakes. We're the SPL Champions for the second year in a row & double winners for the second season in a row. Not much to be annoyed about.

:rfc::spl::spl::rfc:

What a strange question to ask.

Absolutely, however, drawing 3-3 after being 3-1 up in the 90th minute pisses me off.

you just seemed more pissed off about losing late goals today than winning the league to me that's all. blame the ref or linesman for giving a pen when there was no contact or the diving wee cheat. you can't blame gers for that!!

I'm away for another beer to keep the sore head away :robbo: :spl:

I am pissed off with losing late goals today. For me, it took the shine off lifting the trophy. We went from being 11 points clear and pissing all over Celtic to winning the league by 6 points. Hardly THAT convincing!

Edited by Gazza_8

I am pissed off with losing late goals today. For me, it took the shine off lifting the trophy. We went from being 11 points clear and pissing all over Celtic to winning the league by 6 points. Hardly THAT convincing!

What more would you have to gain by winning by 11 vs 6 points ? Bragging rights ? But surely bragging rights lay in winning the league whilst being financially crippled anyway.

Winning the league was ALL that counted.

Given we have won our last 3 titles on the final day winning by "just" 6 points when we haven't signed a player for 2 years whilst THEY spent a LOT of money on trying to wrest the title from us is satisfying enough.

No additional cash is earned from winning the league by 11 points instead of 6.

And I dont think there will be THAT many people who will see this as anything other than a stroll in the park today - the league was won with 3 games to go, satisfying enough for me - and actually preferable over our previous 3 wins (despite the incomparable euphoria of those prior wins I would prefer to win with room to spare).

Disgrace of a decision to award them a penalty. However I dont think we should be conceding 3 goals at home to Motherwell anyway. They have had a bit of a freak week by scoring 9 and conceding 9 but we should still have won.

However, the players already had their sun lotion on and it looked a bit like an end of season game for us but Motherwell were playing for a place in Europe which might explain the draw. Id guarantee if we needed to win that game it would have been a different story.