More scaremongering from 'The Sun'

Walter said he would be deciding his future in 2 weeks, it hasn't even been a week. We have already had 2 "doomsday" articles/reports from that paper, our future was meant to be decided on Monday, now they have changed their minds.

Latest speculation from the ET:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/bank-talks-could-lead-to-walter-smith-s-d-day-over-rangers-future-1.1027764

Walter Smith’s future at Rangers could be sorted out today as the club prepare to hold a final round of talks with the bank.

And it’s understood the Ibrox manager is ready to call time on his second stint in the hotseat if Lloyds insists on slashing the budget for next term.

Smith has made it abundantly clear he isn’t willing to stay on as manager if his double-winning squad is ripped apart and not enough funds are made available to bring in fresh faces.

As things stand, that is more or less the case, as the �£5m budget set aside would be eaten up by renewing the contracts of the existing players and leave next to nothing to spend on new purchases over the summer.

The 62-year-old former Scotland manager wants to re-sign Kris Boyd, Nacho Novo, Davie Weir and Kirk Broadfoot, but still feels an additional three or four players would be required to cope with the demands of a Champions League campaign as well as all three domestic competitions next term.

Under the current proposals, that would be practically impossible and a final pitch will be made today by chairman Alastair Johnston and chief executive Martin Bain. Smith even attended the first round of talks last week.

It has always been taken as read that Ally McCoist would take over as manager when Smith decided to quit, but it is now understood even the assistant manager has concerns at taking over the reigns with such a budget in place and could opt for a return to TV.

Although no official decision is expected today, the outcome of this meeting could force a clearing of the decks at Ibrox, with Smith possibly just one of many to walk away.

Meanwhile, Kris Boyd has revealed he has seven offers on the table as he edges closer to leaving his boyhood heroes.

The Rangers striker is available on a Bosman and it’s understood top Turkish sides Bursaspor and Ankaragucu have tabled three-year contracts, each totalling a staggering Ã?£6m in wages.

But the hitman is also being tracked by Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Wigan and Newcastle.

It has left the Ibrox idol with plenty to consider as he admits he faces the toughest decision of his life.

Boyd said: “There is a lot for me to think about. This is an important stage in my career and my life.

“I’m going away on holiday with my family next week and we will discuss our options.

“I do have offers from the Continent to consider and playing abroad is something that appeals to me.

“I will give everything careful consideration and hopefully can reach a decision during the next three weeks.”

Rangers want to keep Boyd but they can’t offer anything close to what’s on the table elsewhere.

Meanwhile, Peter Lovenkrands will make an emotional return to Ibrox after Rangers arranged a pre-season friendly fixture with Newcastle United.

The former Ibrox striker – who helped his club win promotion back to the Premiership – will play against his former club on August 7.

I know it's a bit unrealistic but I really would love a ban on anything from the Sun or the Retard being posted here.....

In an ideal world we would have such a moratorium but for every nonsense story with no quotes, there are stories which are worth discussing.

:)

the media no absolutely nothing frankie anfd they have proved this with the cock & bull stories over the last two years.

today is no different. same bs with no foundation.

The club and the bank have had a meeting organised for a few weeks now and it was common knowledge as A johnston told us so. everything else is speculation.

You only have to glance over the Sun's sister rag, the sport, to get a picture of the standard of dross being sold in disguise as a newspaper called the sun. What percentage of men do you think buy the sun for it's news & what percentage do you think buy it for it's titillation on page 3? I'd guess that over 90% of men who open the sun will open it to look at the breasts first and foremost with everything else including the beloved sport pages at the back coming second fiddle to the sight of some fresh nipple. :D