Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Not a bad signing so long as we don't pay over the odds for him. 750K - 1M tops.

Yep, I'd agree with that.

Not sure where he'd play but I'd take him for that money - no more!

No chance will Dundee United accept a derisory bid of �£750,000

I would hardly call it derisory considering the crap finances we have up here. That term seems to be used a lot against us when bidding, I don't like the word either.

Guest Flying Hippo

Motherwell rejected �£1 million from us for Reynolds so it's not quite a simple case of 'clubs are skint so will accept any old offer'

Goodwillie will go for around �£2 million

No chance will Dundee United accept a derisory bid of �£750,000

They're skint though and Thompson's obviously struggling to find a couple of beans to rub together for Houston to adjust the squad given his recent harping to the press about the transfer fees for youngsters etc.

�£750k is a lot of money to Dundee Utd...

DUNDEE UNITED last night slapped a �£3million price tag on the head of David Goodwillie.

Rangers have been linked with the 21-year-old hitman, with Walter Smith believed to be lining up a �£750,000 bid once Andrew Ellis's takeover is complete.

But Tannadice chairman Stephen Thompson insisted: "Anyone offering that would be wasting their time.

"Nobody is up for sale, but if we get a realistic offer it has to be considered.

"A realistic offer for David would be in the region of �£3m."

Meanwhile, United have confirmed their two-year, six-figure shirt sponsorship deal with Calor Gas.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3009050/Goodies-3m-tag.html#ixzz0qWfTBqU4

Of course Thomson will reflect his valuation of Goodwillie and will offer him a new contract where is wages will be that of a �£3m player:whistle:

Guest Flying Hippo

There's no chance we'll get Goodwillie now, absolutely none. This isn't 4 or 5 years ago where we could grind teams down. They want �£3 million. We can't afford more than �£750,000

I can remember when we were buying mostly foreigners, the rest of the SPL complained about how all the money was going out of Scottish football to other countries, and so they weren't getting a slice of the pie.

Notwithstanding that there was little talent at home at the time, you can see why the OF are often reluctant to invest in SPL players.

I really like having a team full of the best Scots and I also like the idea of Scottish money staying in Scottish football for the good of the game. But with arrogant demands like that, it makes me want Rangers to start looking somewhere like Romania...

Scottish football always seems to have had disparate collection of petty, greedy, self centred, self destructive clubs, and the current TV deal is a dark testament to that.