Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest Flying Hippo

Paper i was reading today claims both us and Celtic are after Ipswich's 30 year old centre half Gareth McAuley. Northern Ireland international who can also play right back

Gareth was 6 years above me at school and i certainly didn't go to an RC school ;) so i'd imagine he'd favour a move to us

South African goalscorer linked... :D

http://kickoffnigeria.com/2010/power-station/news/16091/bafana-first-itumeleng-khune-siphiwe-tshabalala-warned.php

Local football agent Jazzman Mahlakgane has urged his two players Itumeleng Khune and Siphiwe Tshabalala to concentrate on their jobs with Bafana Bafana rather than worrying about playing overseas next season.

Both Khune and Tshabalala produced good performances during the World Cup opening game against Mexico on Friday where the latter was crowned for his superb performance with stunning goal to send the whole country into ecstatic celebrations.

Tshabalala has already been linked with a move to Scotland with Glasgow Rangers but Mahlakgane says he must put Bafana first before thinking about moving overseas.

Mahlakgane adds that they have learnt a lot from Teko Modise's experience where everybody was talking about him moving to Europe during the Confederations Cup last year which never materialized.

"Many people will remember what happened to Teko during the Confederations Cup when everybody talked about him leaving the country after the tournament, which ended up affecting his form and kept him in South Africa.

"Experience is the best teacher and we have learnt from that and that's why I have urged both Khune and Tshabalala to focus on what they are doing on the field than worry about who is watching them in the stands.

"It was good that they performed well on Friday but they must remember that people can quickly forget about their past performance and that's why it is important for them to focus in helping Bafana go to the next stage of the tournament,'" says Mahlakgane.

Ernest Fakude

Guest Flying Hippo

No thanks. If Sporting offer a makeweight it should be Rui Patricio. You know, the goalkeeper who McGregor is going to replace....