Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

We were linked with Fabio da Silva and Macheda last season. I doubt the Obertan one will happen. If Fergie has high hopes for him, he won't loan him to the SPL

Exactly. If loaned anywhere it would likely be to a club in one of the big leagues - La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga, possibly even League 1 in France. For the lending club, loan deals are always with the aim of a player getting regular game time and experience, but the SPL isn't even one of the top 10 leagues in Europe, so far better not to send top-class prospects here. Obviously there's exceptions to every rule though, so you can never say never I suppose.

Exactly. If loaned anywhere it would likely be to a club in one of the big leagues - La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga, possibly even League 1 in France. For the lending club, loan deals are always with the aim of a player getting regular game time and experience, but the SPL isn't even one of the top 10 leagues in Europe, so far better not to send top-class prospects here. Obviously there's exceptions to every rule though, so you can never say never I suppose.

it's not the best league we know that but it does help some players careers if they need to toughen up and add that to their game...........

I haven't seen enough of him to judge him on , any time he appeared though only briefly I thought he was way out his depth.

I am starting to get fed up with us constantly being used as a drop off point for other teams cast off's , they never ever make a contribution and always end up going back sooner rather than later

I think he is an alright player, not totally special however and when I saw him he did have a very suspicious dirty streak.

This a prime example

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRaXu0wDUic]YouTube- Obertan vs ?emberas[/ame]

McGregor to Benfica or Sporting Lisbon?

From the Beeb.

Portuguese champions Benfica could move for Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor.

An agent, claiming to work on behalf of the Lisbon club, has been in contact with McGregor's representative to alert him to their interest.

Scott Hume told BBC Scotland the agent informed him Benfica were preparing an offer for the 28-year-old.

He also suggested Sporting Lisbon had been watching the player, who has three years remaining on his current contract and would command a transfer fee.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has money to spend this summer, but he may be tempted to sell McGregor if a suitable offer is received to increase those funds, particularly with Neil Alexander still at the club.

Benfica, who won the Portuguese title by five points last season ahead of second-placed Braga, had three goalkeepers vying for the number one jersey during a successful campaign.

Thirty-four-year-old Portuguese veteran Quim, compatriot Jose Moreira and Brazilian Julio Cesar all featured for the champions in their domestic and Europa League campaign last season.

Guest Flying Hippo

Selling McGregor means hunting desperately for a backup goalkeeper, on top of the hunting desperately for defenders, midfielders, and attackers

Selling McGregor means hunting desperately for a backup goalkeeper, on top of the hunting desperately for defenders, midfielders, and attackers

All they'd have to do is make an offer for someone like Tuffy immediately after receiving an offer for McGregor and wait for a response to our Tuffy offer before responding to the offer on AM. Simples! :)