Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

British based team and players hideously overvalue their players nowadays. Mr Thompson compared Lafferty and Goodwillie and said they would be equal value. Scottish teams now think they are at a standard of the Championship and value their players accordingly even though they have almost crippling debts.

Look abroad, please, no way would we spend more than half our supposed budget on 1 player considering we need at least another 4 players.

I can remember when we were buying mostly foreigners, the rest of the SPL complained about how all the money was going out of Scottish football to other countries, and so they weren't getting a slice of the pie.

Notwithstanding that there was little talent at home at the time, you can see why the OF are often reluctant to invest in SPL players.

I really like having a team full of the best Scots and I also like the idea of Scottish money staying in Scottish football for the good of the game. But with arrogant demands like that, it makes me want Rangers to start looking somewhere like Romania...

Scottish football always seems to have had disparate collection of petty, greedy, self centred, self destructive clubs, and the current TV deal is a dark testament to that.

That's just the parochial little country we live in. You also had media and supporters of other teams complaining because of the damage we were doing to Scottish football and also the national team.

Now the stories and complaints are that we're poaching other teams players. Assuming a fair fee is paid, which can be reinvested then I don't see what the problem is. This is pretty much how Scottish football has always worked, its not a new thing and was certainly the case 40+ years ago where the Old Firm would buy players from the other clubs.

The Scottish market doesn't offer good value for the Old Firm because they are often forced to pay over the odds for players with the selling club effectively holding us to ransom. I guess its not helped by some of the fees we've paid in the past and also those that English clubs can afford. Clubs are obviously looking out for themselves which is perfectly natural, but you'd hope that common sense would prevail at some point if you have a player who would like to come to us, so long as there's a fair fee, what's the problem?

We are damned if we do and damned if we dont , we buy Scottish and we have to pay over the odds , if we go down south the wages are prohibative , European teams are no longer suckers and tend to hols out for the EPL teams also if these young players do well they tend to go pretty pronto when bigger teams come sniffing , and if we go further afield we suffer from them playing friendlies or mega qualifiers and they are never here , oh to rear our own

Ever since Martin and Bardsely came up for loans we're consistently linked with United youths, but nothing ever seems to come of it. We were linked with a loan for Obertan previously.

Ever since Martin and Bardsely came up for loans we're consistently linked with United youths, but nothing ever seems to come of it. We were linked with a loan for Obertan previously.

And then there's Rothen and Aaron; loans for that position never seem to work out. Martin Petrov would be best if only we could afford the wages.:(

Guest Flying Hippo

We were linked with Fabio da Silva and Macheda last season. I doubt the Obertan one will happen. If Fergie has high hopes for him, he won't loan him to the SPL