Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest Flying Hippo

Boyd's departure hasn't worried me in all honesty. It's the SPL; if a centre forward starts every week for one of the Old Firm and chances are created on a plate for him, he'll score goals. Even notoriously woeful finishers like Fortune and Kenny Miller scored 33 goals between them last season

Boyd's departure hasn't worried me in all honesty. It's the SPL; if a centre forward starts every week for one of the Old Firm and chances are created on a plate for him, he'll score goals. Even notoriously woeful finishers like Fortune and Kenny Miller scored 33 goals between them last season

None of these players score as many as Boyd can/has!!!. If you don't think we'll miss his goals then I think you are kidding yourself

Guest Flying Hippo
None of these players score as many as Boyd can/has!!!. If you don't think we'll miss his goals then I think you are kidding yourself

Nobody other than Boyd is picked with the sole responsibility of being a penalty box poacher. Miller scoring 21 goals last season was a lot more impressive than Boyd scoring 25, given Miller's role in the side

Edited by Flying Hippo

Nobody other than Boyd is picked with the sole responsibility of being a penalty box poacher. Miller scoring 21 goals last season was a lot more impressive than Boyd scoring 25, given Miller's role in the side

Miller has more pace, is vastly more experienced, has a ruck of caps for his country and is employed as a striker, so how on earth is scoring 21 goals compared to Boyd's tally, more impressive?? Because Boyd scored the penalties?

Agree with the flying hippo! Boyds departure wont affect us in the slightest IMO. Anyone who thinks it will fails to look back to before Boyd was even signed. In fact i can see us playing better. Boyd was one of the worst "footballers" to pull on a Rangers shirt. He was an enigma, as he scored a crazy amount of goals (albeit against the average SPL teams) but I cant remember him having more than 5 good footballing performances. Plus he NEVER played well against good opposition...his record against Celtic and in Europe speaks for itself.

(looking forward to some mighty abuse for this post :):flipa:)

Boyd was one of the worst "footballers" to pull on a Rangers shirt.

I've got no will to argue about Boyd with you Gribz, but this statement from you that I've put in quotes is ludicrous.

I've got no will to argue about Boyd with you Gribz, but this statement from you that I've put in quotes is ludicrous.

So you think Boyd was a good "player"...he could nip past defenders? trap a ball? Bring others into play? Track back and help out?...etc

Rather then say its ludicrous how about defending the above. If i was alone in this thinking then you might have a point but id say 50% of the support agree.

ive already said his goalscoring record was awesome but im talking about his PLAY. McCoist still tops the charts and Super Ally was an all round striker. Can you imagine Boyd getting on the end of Hateley's cross at Elland Road in 1993? No chance!

Edited by Gribz

So you think Boyd was a good "player"...he could nip past defenders? trap a ball? Bring others into play? Track back and help out?...etc

Rather then say its ludicrous how about defending the above. If i was alone in this thinking then you might have a point but id say 50% of the support agree.

ive already said his goalscoring record was awesome but im talking about his PLAY. McCoist still tops the charts and Super Ally was an all round striker. Can you imagine Boyd getting on the end of Hateley's cross at Elland Road in 1993? No chance!

You cannot compare Boyd and McCoist ever , McCoist played in an era when he was surrounded by other excellent players , he had johnston and Hately for partners amongst others and was never short of chances , where as Boyd has no where near the quality around him not that I am comparing them as players , however even in big games just now we have no where near the team that McCoist played in .

It's just another daft pub arguement that can never be agreed on.

However anyone who thinks that our squad in it's current state can afford to lose Boyd's goals is kidding themselves on big time , we will seriously struggle with Miller and A N Other up front , especially if it is lafferty .

Flying Hippo;208761]Nobody other than Boyd is picked with the sole responsibility of being a penalty box poache[/b]r. Miller scoring 21 goals last season was a lot more impressive than Boyd scoring 25, given Miller's role in the side

So who will be get this responsibilty now?.

Look, no player is bigger than the club and we always move on whenever any player leaves, but you are losing guaranteed goals EVERY season and all I am saying is we will miss his goals tally EVERY season. Nobody else will score as many goals as Boyd has done, we are losing the SPL record goal scorer.