No, I don't suppose it does actually.

Resignation has never crossed my mind tbh and I don't think it would send out the right signals or achieve anything.

Do you?

There's been a lot of valid criticisms aimed at the Assembly over the last 5/6 years, many of them from the Trust. I feel that it's a bit contradictory, criticising on one hand, and fully supporting on the other, being a member of this organisation that was "only set up to stifle the RST."

I'm sure relations between the organisations are at an all-time high due to the friendship of the respective Chairmen, but I still have a problem with the idea that the RST is a member of it.

However it's a minor point in the grand scheme of things.

MF:

It may not be personal per se but I think you've made your point so am just asking we move the debate on.

It is now up to UCB to prove you wrong via action and he's hoping to do that. After all that will speak louder than words.

I think the original post was clear in so much as 'rocking the boat' to try and find the real answers to the questions we share. I don't think we'll find those answers by concentrating on the one serving board member who is prepared to take the time to contribute on here.

UCB is a big boy and I'm sure he can handle any criticism (personal or otherwise) but I don't want people to go into defensive mode when we can all talk like adults and hopefully share information that could benefit us all.

:)

Frankie , you will know more than anyone how personnal ambition comes before the good of the club , the night that MD and co produced their coup and managed to oust the existing board of the RST showed it is all about self and not the greater good .

When I first acme on here one of the first people I argued long and hard with was Maineflyer about this very subject , however after attending RST agm's and seeing what is not happening f I can only agree with him . As much as I hate to say this the RST needs a total overhaul right from the very top and they need to get in a visible figurehead , even an ex-player such as Numan ( just from the top of my head ), otherwise they will only die a very slow death and schemes such as the excellent gersave will die with them.

I think MF is being overly heavy-handed with UCB, who's new to the RST board and communicative enough to come on Gersnet and discuss things with us, which IMO is quite admirable on face value. I'd also take a guess that UCB's involvement in our discussions here is done of his own free will and not something he's been tasked to do.

MF:

It may not be personal per se but I think you've made your point so am just asking we move the debate on.

It is now up to UCB to prove you wrong via action and he's hoping to do that. After all that will speak louder than words.

I think the original post was clear in so much as 'rocking the boat' to try and find the real answers to the questions we share. I don't think we'll find those answers by concentrating on the one serving board member who is prepared to take the time to contribute on here.

UCB is a big boy and I'm sure he can handle any criticism (personal or otherwise) but I don't want people to go into defensive mode when we can all talk like adults and hopefully share information that could benefit us all.

:)

No, I'm afraid I think you're taking the wrong tack here. The point is that every time these people are confronted on relevant issues they hide behind personal offence, collective responsibility, unfair criticism or whatever. What we need is to refuse to put up with this insulting treatment, not give them even more space to fudge and gaff about.

If he's such a big boy then perhaps he'll be big enough to accept responsibility for the organization he previously told us all he was joining to make a difference. Some difference!

If you tolerate this level of incompetence then don't be too surprised when what you get is ... even more incompetence. I mean, we all know they need to go, do you think they're going to volunteer?

I think MF is being overly heavy-handed with UCB, who's new to the RST board and communicative enough to come on Gersnet and discuss things with us, which IMO is quite admirable on face value. I'd also take a guess that UCB's involvement in our discussions here is done of his own free will and not something he's been tasked to do.

If only a willingness to discuss things on Gersnet was a basis for judging the RST.:)

No, I'm afraid I think you're taking the wrong tack here. The point is that every time these people are confronted on relevant issues they hide behind personal offence, collective responsibility, unfair criticism or whatever. What we need is to refuse to put up with this insulting treatment, not give them even more space to fudge and gaff about.

If he's such a big boy then perhaps he'll be big enough to accept responsibility for the organization he previously told us all he was joining to make a difference. Some difference!

If you tolerate this level of incompetence then don't be too surprised when what you get is ... even more incompetence. I mean, we all know they need to go, do you think they're going to volunteer?

Okay Maineflyer, have we succeeded in getting supporter representation at Board level - no. Have we succeeded in getting fans ownership of the club - no. In that respect then we have failed. I do think that via Gerspride and more recent developments we have at least got fans ownership on the agenda for a lot more people and it's up to us to follow that up. FWIW, UCB has actually made a significant difference to how we operate although that might not be apparent for a little while longer. We are not in a position like the Manchester United Trust or the Newcastle and Liverpool fans where their owner are hated by the vast majority of fans. We still have a significant amount of fans who still think that SDM can do no wrong. I've seen changes recently with some of the online community but the vast majority still think he can do no wrong. Most blame our troubles on the world wide recession. That is the reality. If we started a campaign about all the things SDM has done/ not done, it would alienate far more people than it would attract new members.

Okay Maineflyer, have we succeeded in getting supporter representation at Board level - no. Have we succeeded in getting fans ownership of the club - no. In that respect then we have failed. I do think that via Gerspride and more recent developments we have at least got fans ownership on the agenda for a lot more people and it's up to us to follow that up. FWIW, UCB has actually made a significant difference to how we operate although that might not be apparent for a little while longer. We are not in a position like the Manchester United Trust or the Newcastle and Liverpool fans where their owner are hated by the vast majority of fans. We still have a significant amount of fans who still think that SDM can do no wrong. I've seen changes recently with some of the online community but the vast majority still think he can do no wrong. Most blame our troubles on the world wide recession. That is the reality. If we started a campaign about all the things SDM has done/ not done, it would alienate far more people than it would attract new members.

So, more of the same to come then. Seriously, while I understand it was a founding objective, I'd now be setting my sights higher than a seat on the board. Above all else I'd want to see the Trust recover some respect among the support and really start to grow the membership, without which there's no credibility in the first place. To do that it's essential to draw a line in the sand and make a fresh start, which would allow you to leave behind some of the debilitating baggage of the last few years. In the process you get a chance to re-introduce some of the democracy that has been missing for years, clear out some of your undoubtedly dead wood and attract some of the talent that wouldn't touch the current RST with a bargepole.

Or, of course, you could just keep rolling along because it, convenient and comfortable to do so ... And UCB can keep complaining every time someone wants something better than he's offering.:)

I really wish some could put positives ideas across as well as the way they debate this topic in general . Seriously there are some very intelligent guys on this board and must have some very relevant ideas , come on guys dont be scared get thinking