Constructive criticism is being noted and absorbed mate.

To be slightly fair on a personal level mind you, fans groups and the people involved in them are also being directly and openly criticised for failure and generally speaking, the RST - despite being the smallest and most committed group - is taking the brunt of it (not particularly in the OP on this thread btw).

Sometimes public criticism is hard to take, so people bite back - I suppose that's just life and nobody's perfect.

I think most people will be more reflective when it matters.

If only the RST would practise some of the reflection you mention perhaps we wouldn't have this continual refusal to act upon the justified criticism it gets. You might want to spend less time considering whether criticism is hard to take and more on whether those currently running the organisation should just admit the futility of their abilities and stand down.

The RST certainly is small but I suspect the commitment you refer to is more a statement of intent than delivery. The best the RST board could do for Ranger supporters is to stand down en masse and test genuine opinion through an open ballot that is in no way compromised by association with FF. Offer a temporary three month membership for (say) �£3 that would allow any supporter a reasonable opportunity to register and vote for an RST of their choice, before deciding whether what they get is an RST in which they wish to extend their membership.

You want credibility - sometimes you have to earn it. How many of you were actually elected? How many of those few elected members of the RST board actually believe they received enough votes to justify their presence?

Stand down, clear the decks and give the Trust a chance to breathe. You might not like it but, collectively, the current board no longer deserves to remain in place. If you find the criticism hard to take, try accepting some of it move aside.

If only the RST would practise some of the reflection you mention perhaps we wouldn't have this continual refusal to act upon the justified criticism it gets. You might want to spend less time considering whether criticism is hard to take and more on whether those currently running the organisation should just admit the futility of their abilities and stand down.

The RST certainly is small but I suspect the commitment you refer to is more a statement of intent than delivery. The best the RST board could do for Ranger supporters is to stand down en masse and test genuine opinion through an open ballot that is in no way compromised by association with FF. Offer a temporary three month membership for (say) �£3 that would allow any supporter a reasonable opportunity to register and vote for an RST of their choice, before deciding whether what they get is an RST in which they wish to extend their membership.

You want credibility - sometimes you have to earn it. How many of you were actually elected? How many of those few elected members of the RST board actually believe they received enough votes to justify their presence?

Stand down, clear the decks and give the Trust a chance to breathe. You might not like it but, collectively, the current board no longer deserves to remain in place. If you find the criticism hard to take, try accepting some of it move aside.

Ouch! I hate it when you go so long without launching missiles in my direction, I should really post more often! :D

On that note, you have a disturbing habit of reaching for a machine gun when a pistol would do (not that I'm suggesting any colleagues should actually be shot btw, even if you might be open to the idea in principal!)

Ouch! I hate it when you go so long without launching missiles in my direction, I should really post more often! :D

On that note, you have a disturbing habit of reaching for a machine gun when a pistol would do (not that I'm suggesting any colleagues should actually be shot btw, even if you might be open to the idea in principal!)

Not much of a response from a big shot who, only a few short months ago, was going to change the world and seemed intent on telling everyone about it too. If all you can come back with is a smiley then you've fallen well short of your initial aspirations but you do at least appear to have made the expected grade in the RST.

I'm not aiming at you, I'm aiming at all of you. You're all just getting in the way and you haven't made one iota of difference. How's that for something to smile about?

Not much of a response from a big shot who, only a few short months ago, was going to change the world and seemed intent on telling everyone about it too. If all you can come back with is a smiley then you've fallen well short of your initial aspirations but you do at least appear to have made the expected grade in the RST.

I'm not aiming at you, I'm aiming at all of you. You're all just getting in the way and you haven't made one iota of difference. How's that for something to smile about?

:ffs::ffs::ffs:

Now, that completely misrepresents anything I ever said which is bit of a low blow. I said I hoped to contribute and make a difference, nothing more. Anyway, as you say its not about me so it'd be best best if you dropped that angle because its going nowhere and you have no knowledge of what I've done or haven't done as an individual.

I'm fully aware that you don't have any time for me or everybody else associated with the RST. Your contempt pre-dates my involvement and although it remains to this day, no words I write on this forum will make a blind bit of difference to that. You don't like words, you like action. Fine, so do I, so let's get on with it.

:ffs::ffs::ffs:

Now, that completely misrepresents anything I ever said which is bit of a low blow. I said I hoped to contribute and make a difference, nothing more. Anyway, as you say its not about me so it'd be best best if you dropped that angle because its going nowhere and you have no knowledge of what I've done or haven't done as an individual.

I'm fully aware that you don't have any time for me or everybody else associated with the RST. Your contempt pre-dates my involvement and although it remains to this day, no words I write on this forum will make a blind bit of difference to that. You don't like words, you like action. Fine, so do I, so let's get on with it.

There's just no getting through to you people, is there? All you want to do is take evasive action. You want to deflect the point into a discussion about "low blows" or the semantics of exactly what you said when the intent was quite clear.

You were plenty outspoken when it was about what you were going to do. You were Billy Bigbaws soliciting opinion and asking what we thought your priorities should be. Now it's no longer about you apparently and I need to drop "that angle" because it no longer suits you to be so visible.

It's not me who's going nowhere pal and the lack of knowledge you mention is one of the key aspects of your inability to deliver. If you and your RST colleagues had spent more time talking (and more importantly, listening) then Rangers fans might be a whole lot less informed and you just might have some reason to come across with this smug bullshit.

You show nothing but immature arrogance trying to claim the issue is with my Ed personal contempt. It's a pathetic attempt to obfuscate and deflect. I've never attacked you or anyone else on anything other than the basis of your RST performance.

Stop trying to create an impression that you're being unfairly persecuted. No one made you step forward, no one forced you to play the hero, so when you and your pals make a pig's ear of it at least have the character to deal with it honestly. If you can't take criticism without making a fool of yourself then at least stop making one of us.

Edited by maineflyer

To be fair MF, a pigs ear was made of the RST long before UCB became involved.

I wouldn't argue with that but if he wants to defend either the Trust or his role in it then he should do so without slithering around like it's some distant issue he shouldn't be confronted with. As far as I can see, he's done nothing himself and takes no opportunity to prove otherwise. He seems to think making smartarsed retorts is an acceptable alternative to addressing the concerns of Rangers fans. If the RST is going to go on taking offence at criticism, as if there couldn't possibly be any credible reason for it, then they deserve to be hounded at every opportunity. You want supporter unity, a supporter voice, then these malingerers need to get out of the way.