Any comments on this thread's content?

:)

I could make lots of comments but have work to go to. The reason I like this forum is that most of the criticism is at least constructive. Some excellent points have been made, a lot of which I agree with. Many of these things we are aware of e.g. our image, link to FF, perception of some fans (linked to image). I am heading up a sub-group that is looking at how we can attract more members and retain existing ones and I've invited non-Board members onto the group to get them more involved. This is at a very early stage but I think it's a step in the right direction. I'll come on again later (it might be tomorrow as I'm going out tonight) and say more but just want to make a couple of points.

1) The fans groups are working closely together. As you know, the association are represented on our Board, we are part of the Assembly and the Assembly President is a Trust member and has been friendly with the Trust Chairman for over 20 years.

2) We have talked about free membership but have to consider that many people have paid �£100 for life membership so where does that leave them? We are considering e-membership along the lines of MUST.

That's all I have time for at the moment.

Reading FF at the moment is no advert for Fan Groups.

The OP made some excellent points but made no mention of the elephant in the room. The debate elsewhere says much about the failure of supporters' representation to date.

Fan ownership is possible when there are no other solutions.

However it will need to be done in stages - a membership scheme being the first one.

Fan ownership isn't a credible solution, it's merely an aspiration without any hope of being realised. How can we even talk about it as a serious possibility when no one that can make it happen is even slightly interested in it and certainly has nothing to gain by it? How do we see this ever happening when we look out on the most disorganised and divided support you're ever likely to see?

Long before promoting fan ownership, any fan with a genuine interest in Rangers needs to grapple with the fundamental issues that relate to supporter interaction and cooperation.

What owner in their right mind would think of involving this shambolic mess in the running of the club. I'm referring here to the supporters, not the club or who owns it. While we have potted egotists clinging on to positions without any real interest in cohesion or representation, we will not move forward. Until we do, all talk about fan ownership is fatuous and utterly pointless.... and needs to stop.

The reaction to constructive criticism and advice is disappointing.

It's an insight into people, who many of us do not know personally.

Frankie once said on this Forum 'it was time to put the split in the RST behind us, and move on'. It seems those involved, may be the wrong ones to move the Support onwards.

The reaction to constructive criticism and advice is disappointing.

Constructive criticism is being noted and absorbed mate.

To be slightly fair on a personal level mind you, fans groups and the people involved in them are also being directly and openly criticised for failure and generally speaking, the RST - despite being the smallest and most committed group - is taking the brunt of it (not particularly in the OP on this thread btw).

Sometimes public criticism is hard to take, so people bite back - I suppose that's just life and nobody's perfect.

I think most people will be more reflective when it matters.