The Trust and the Assembly certainly have a solid base from which to build from. They have easily accessible websites, reasonable finance, plenty of interest and tens of thousands of fans to aim for online and offline. They even have a captive audience of 50,000 people at Ibrox every other week. Add in NARSA, ORSA and all the RSCs then the market is huge - even if I appreciate not always easy (or cheap) to tap into.

Why then do we not see them step beyond the confines of Follow Follow (in the case of the Trust) often enough or the BlueNose.co.uk (in the case of the Assembly)? I don't just mean reps visiting other sites and collating information/floating ideas but regular offline meetings to share information and explore strategies together. I'd pay a tenner to help fund either of the organisations willing to go to their members for input. I'd pay more if some sort of socios project can be explored.

I personally think that the Trust need to be far more radical and should examine the framework of their operation from the foundations upwards. I've said this before, but why not look at the option of offering free membership to the masses? That is how the Trust can get the attention of the fans in large numbers and start to build a working relationship with them. That is how the Trust can move fan representation forward to the level it's going to need for the club to sit up and take notice and only once the club do so, will any 'socios' type model have a chance of getting the club's full support....

I can only talk for the impression and feedback I get from fans I know. The vast majority have no time for the trust. I often wonder if certain board members are aware of the depth of animosity towards them from the general fan. I would be glad to see the trust disband and another group entirely take up the mantle. I like Zappas idea of a body working with the fans where there are no membership fees, but outlining from the start that raising funds for future fan participation in the running of the club will be necessary and let a model develop from there.

I wonder if it is telling that no RST board members replied to a thread on Gersave on FF?

As someone who contributed to Gersave from the start I cannot believe this has bombed the way it has . I am not stupid enough to realise that their pricing was out at the beginning , however it never really took of and there was no real figurehead brought in to promote it , yet another great idea ruined and probably confined to the dustbin

I can only talk for the impression and feedback I get from fans I know. The vast majority have no time for the trust. I often wonder if certain board members are aware of the depth of animosity towards them from the general fan. I would be glad to see the trust disband and another group entirely take up the mantle. I like Zappas idea of a body working with the fans where there are no membership fees, but outlining from the start that raising funds for future fan participation in the running of the club will be necessary and let a model develop from there.

We have more fans groups than a monty python film , bloody splitters , we certainly dont need another one

We have more fans groups than a monty python film , bloody splitters , we certainly dont need another one

The problem is, rbr, that a lot of the support seem to like the idea of fan-ownership and while the Trust are going in that direction, they're not actually doing anything significant enough to lead to the goal.

I've never been entirely happy with the idea of fan-ownership for our club, but I'd certainly be willing to entertain the concept if I thought the organizers were up to the task of taking the club upward.