Rangers bid for Croatian hitman Jelavic

No matter how much WS wants this guy, �£4m is far to much for us to pay for 1 player with the mess our finances are currently in. We should just walk away from the deal and look elsewhere.

If we do sign this guy and he flops, it'll cripple us even more. Personally, I think we can't afford to spend �£4m on a player anymore. It's 50/50 whether a new player is a success or not and we can't take the risk, especially not at �£4m.

I'd be willing to spend this much only on a player of proven ability. He's only had 1 season of a high goals return in a very weak league.

That is my understanding of the matter , I dont believe he needs Rapid's consent

Wow, if this is the rule, I'm surprised it is not used more frequently... I mean there are plenty of folk who could sign a deal a year in advance... and for players going to a bigger club, you'd imagine that they'd be too important to not play for a year.

Not sure if we can wait a year, but it's interesting to know about the rule...

Wow, if this is the rule, I'm surprised it is not used more frequently... I mean there are plenty of folk who could sign a deal a year in advance... and for players going to a bigger club, you'd imagine that they'd be too important to not play for a year.

Not sure if we can wait a year, but it's interesting to know about the rule...

The way that Wishart described it didn't really make a case for doing it so far in advance worthwhile either for the club involved nor the player , there were far too many possible outcomes such as injury , loss of form , regaining form etc however it can be done

If we hadn't sold any players in this window I definately wouldn't want us to splash too much cash on Jelavic, but since we've sold Wilson & Thomson I'd be quite happy for us to just go for it and get the deal done. If we had money to spend before selling anyone, then we can certainly afford to buy this guy now after our sales & the bheasts going out of the CL qualifying.

I'd much rather be spending our limited cash on this guy, than give Webster to Utd & give those b*stards at Tannadice our dosh for thier overpriced Goodwillie.

I'll be quite gutted if we don't make a final & successful bid this week.

You made another arse of yourself earlier on another site , go and give it a rest eh ! same shite patter different site .

Is there some point of that he is not signing for us that you don't get. As for arses, as was pointed out here recently, if you don't agree with the "uber ff fans" you are classed a ****, they really don't like told the truth about anything, in fact I would suggest the vast majority of them know nothing of Rangers before Minty, you have a nice day RBR, I am away to the gowf....:box:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/rangers-ready-to-look-beyond-jelavic-1.1046831

Is there some point of that he is not signing for us that you don't get. As for arses, as was pointed out here recently, if you don't agree with the "uber ff fans" you are classed a ****, they really don't like told the truth about anything, in fact I would suggest the vast majority of them know nothing of Rangers before Minty, you have a nice day RBR, I am away to the gowf....:box:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/rangers-ready-to-look-beyond-jelavic-1.1046831

Your now posting totally different things yet again to deflect the fact you post pish just to annoy people , you were stating that he was goig to Everton and posting paper clippings from over a week ago , even though Moyes has never been quoted in any of them , today he is guoted as stating he wants crouch ., it's nothing to do with agreeing with these so called "uberfans "who ever they may be it's the fact that you go out your way to hijack threads and then dont defend your points .

There are times that even I have to grudgingly admit you post some really good stuff but you either have an alter ego or some one else is posting under your username as it chalk and cheese ,and very boring and predictable , any way hope you enjoy your golf and dont spend too much time in the rough , dont want you getting lost .

I am posting the same thing rbr, the fact that the sun lifted the story from IMSports 5 days ago is neither here nor there, we seem to have been signing Jelly since last pancake Tuesday.

The STV site also carried it. ""Everton are also thought to be interested in lodging an offer for Jelavic, who has two years left to run on his contract. David Moyes took in Rapid’s 2-1 win over Red Bull Salzburg on Sunday, before another representative from the English Premier League side watched Jelavic in action on European duty two days later.""

Common sense alone should ring alarm bells, we didn't allegedly have the money to pay the players that we have let go, enough to keep them at the club, one of whom at least if not two, were doing Jellies allegedly offered job.

All of a sudden we have zillions plus wages to hose up the wa' on Jelly, one of the most disappointing aspects of the whole Jelly saga is the lack of decorum showed by our club in this affair, publicly courting the player like some love sick teenager, Bain is a rank amateur at transfers, but no one seems to care.

PS Larkie is a nice wee 9 holer, easy going for an auld yin, plus, when I tee off on the ninth, Bella can see us from the windae and get the breakfast fired up...:box:

All of a sudden we have zillions plus wages to hose up the wa' on Jelly, one of the most disappointing aspects of the whole Jelly saga is the lack of decorum showed by our club in this affair, publicly courting the player like some love sick teenager, Bain is a rank amateur at transfers, but no one seems to care.

Absolutely. The foreplay is getting both tiresome and embarrassing. The frantic way we are chasing this boy, it'll be expected to be a cross between gough, gazza, laudrup and hateley. It also surely says something about our scouting system that we are so focussed on one guy. Don't we have other targets in mind. The asking price has virtually doubled on this guy, surely there are other guys that could provide value for money.