Rangers bid for Croatian hitman Jelavic

I don't quite get that. It's obvious we want him, Rapid are drawing it out - what are we to do? Try and cover it up? Deny everything? Or forget about it when we could be close just to save face? Cave in and pay through the nose? The current scenario seems the most prudent and professional to me.

When it's leaked to the press there's not much the board can do except manage the information. The fact it's protracted is just how it sometimes goes when you're not prepared to pay over the odds but have already invested quite a bit of time in trying to acquire a player who you think is the best to fit into your team with financial considerations.

The board really are damned if they do, damned if they don't and when that happens, fans' opinions just get heard as random noise and something to be ignored.

It's not like it's shopping at Argos...

I am posting the same thing rbr, the fact that the sun lifted the story from IMSports 5 days ago is neither here nor there, we seem to have been signing Jelly since last pancake Tuesday.

The STV site also carried it. ""Everton are also thought to be interested in lodging an offer for Jelavic, who has two years left to run on his contract. David Moyes took in Rapid�s 2-1 win over Red Bull Salzburg on Sunday, before another representative from the English Premier League side watched Jelavic in action on European duty two days later.""

Common sense alone should ring alarm bells, we didn't allegedly have the money to pay the players that we have let go, enough to keep them at the club, one of whom at least if not two, were doing Jellies allegedly offered job.

All of a sudden we have zillions plus wages to hose up the wa' on Jelly, one of the most disappointing aspects of the whole Jelly saga is the lack of decorum showed by our club in this affair, publicly courting the player like some love sick teenager, Bain is a rank amateur at transfers, but no one seems to care.

PS Larkie is a nice wee 9 holer, easy going for an auld yin, plus, when I tee off on the ninth, Bella can see us from the windae and get the breakfast fired up...:box:

Firstly the stv report was pure fiction as Moyes has stated he was never in Austria , and secondly why are you now bothered that there is a problem with our financial situation , you spent the best part of 6 months lecturing every one that the bank weren't involved and we were fine , now you seem bothered that we have money/nomoney .

PS I thought you stayed in partick and the rosevale was your local .......HMMMMMMM

My dear rbr, I am West End born and bred, I drink in many places as it is my cosmopolitan nature, my local as was many of Rosie's punters was Hanlons, My good lady persuaded me to retire to her home town, but I am still a Glasgow laddy, would you like to know what I had for my breakfast ? :fish:

I am not worried about money at Ibrox never was, but I do get annoyed at the constant lies fed to us the fans, and people who really should know better peddling shit stories abour our very settled financial situation.

I have been told that clyde1 may throw Everton into the mix tonight, time will tell, a link for Moyes denying being at the game in question would be appreciated.

My dear rbr, I am West End born and bred, I drink in many places as it is my cosmopolitan nature, my local as was many of Rosie's punters was Hanlons, My good lady persuaded me to retire to her home town, but I am still a Glasgow laddy, would you like to know what I had for my breakfast ? :fish:

I am not worried about money at Ibrox never was, but I do get annoyed at the constant lies fed to us the fans, and people who really should know better peddling shit stories abour our very settled financial situation.

I have been told that clyde1 may throw Everton into the mix tonight, time will tell, a link for Moyes denying being at the game in question would be appreciated.

Surely not fish on a Monday , mind you if it was they would be surely caught by yourself as your pretty good at the old fishing :whistle:

As for the link sorry old chap but it was on Talksport the tubby presenter who is the mad Evertonian was talking about Everton's targets and about the misinformation and that's when he mentioned that Moyes had not been in Austria ...

rangers and rapid have argreed a fee...

FROM STV

Rangers and Rapid Vienna have all but settled on a fee for striker Nikica Jelavic. But STV Sport understands the player is yet to agree on the personal terms offered and is holding out for money from his current employers he claims the Austrian club owe him, before he settles on a move to Scotland.

Jelavic, who scored for Rapid in their 2-0 win over Sturm Graz at the weekend, is believed to be subject of a �£3.2 million offer from the Glasgow club, who had a reduced bid for the 24-year-old rejected last week.

Speaking a week ago, Jelavic outlined his desire to move to Rangers, saying he felt he had given Rapid a level of consistent performance that merited him the right to move onto bigger things. ââ?¬Å?I was informed about Rangers' interest in me and I really want to go,ââ?¬Â Jelavic said.

ââ?¬Å?Rapid are a great side and I have enjoyed my time here but I have paid them back well with goals and I deserve the chance to go. It has always been my dream to play in Britain and Rangers are a big club with tradition. I would love to play there.ââ?¬Â