Rangers bid for Croatian hitman Jelavic

There are a number of reasons why I hope we sign this fella:

1) He can play the lone striker role, which Boyd could not. And 4-5-1 seems to be the way to play these days.

2) Even if we pay �£4m. the Keltic have given us �£2m of that with their CL non-exploits.

3) With him on board, less opportunity for Lafferty to continue to flatter to deceive.

4) Fleck is sidelined.

5) He's young enough to improve and generate some sell-on value.

6) Like with Prso it would be the kind of signing to give the fans a lift.

The only negative I see may be that Lafferty returns to the left flank. Ugh!

I have set up a daily alert on google for "Glasgow Rangers", I know, I know, it should only be Rangers. Try only Rangers on google and when you surface, some time, in the far future, let me know how it went. Anyway back to this mornings alert. The transfer is dead. Rapid Vienna are not happy that ,we have only bid 4.2 mio Euros, I say again 4.2 mio euros. Think some journo does not understand exchange rates. From what I have been able to read the bid is in excess of 4 mio pds sterling, a tidy bit more than 4.2 mio euros. We will need to wait and see. evidence so far, the title will be tight, we have most of a team, they have none.

I have set up a daily alert on google for "Glasgow Rangers", I know, I know, it should only be Rangers. Try only Rangers on google and when you surface, some time, in the far future, let me know how it went. Anyway back to this mornings alert. The transfer is dead. Rapid Vienna are not happy that ,we have only bid 4.2 mio Euros, I say again 4.2 mio euros. Think some journo does not understand exchange rates. From what I have been able to read the bid is in excess of 4 mio pds sterling, a tidy bit more than 4.2 mio euros. We will need to wait and see. evidence so far, the title will be tight, we have most of a team, they have none.

4.2M Euros is less than �£4M if my sums are correct. They want �£4M, and not a penny less.

4.2M Euros is less than �£4M if my sums are correct. They want �£4M, and not a penny less.

You sure about that ? European teams would quote their asking price in Euros surely ?

I reckon that much is being lost in translation with journalists. The only thing we DO know is that they havent accepted our bid. With regards to amounts I dont think anything has been officially announced.

There are a number of reasons why I hope we sign this fella:

1) He can play the lone striker role, which Boyd could not. And 4-5-1 seems to be the way to play these days.

2) Even if we pay �£4m. the Keltic have given us �£2m of that with their CL non-exploits.

3) With him on board, less opportunity for Lafferty to continue to flatter to deceive.

4) Fleck is sidelined.

5) He's young enough to improve and generate some sell-on value.

6) Like with Prso it would be the kind of signing to give the fans a lift.

The only negative I see may be that Lafferty returns to the left flank. Ugh!

In same order :

1) But Miller can play the lone striker role. He has done well in it and seems more assured with his finishing too.

2) That is the way we used to run business and look where it got us - "tenner for every fiver"...... we shouldnt be saying "well Celtic are giving us 2 mill of the 4 so lets get him" - if he isnt worth 4 then dont pay it, regardless of THEM contributing indirectly - every penny is a prisoner to us these days.

3) - Lafferty had some decent touches today. I agree he flatters to deceive but I would like to see him get a shot at playing up top before throwing him in the gutter.

4) Fleck wouldnt be playing up top anyway - so should we not be looking at a midfielder if Fleck is sidelined ? Or do you mean from the number of players we have in the squad

5) Agreed

6) ANY signing would give us a lift - it has been so long we wont know what to do when we get a new signing...