McGeady primed for Moscow move

AIDEN McGEADY will wreck Neil Lennon's spending plans if he snubs a �£9.5million move to Moscow.

McGeady was in the Russian capital last night for contract talks with Spartak.

The wantaway Celtic winger will miss tonight's Champions League rescue mission with Braga as he ponders the record-breaking switch.

Hoops boss Lennon admitted the 24-year-old was "apprehensive" about going to Moscow.

And Lennon knows there is no guarantee that the Republic of Ireland ace will agree to the switch. But he confessed that McGeady's sale holds the key to the final part of his sensational summer rebuild.

Lennon still wants a new keeper, left-back, centre-half and striker before the transfer window shuts.

Asked if incoming deals hung on McGeady's departure he said: "Probably yes because I won't have nine and a half million quid! I'd like to think we'd get all of it if he did go.

"What comes in goes back out on the football side. That's been made clear.

"I think we need a couple of areas to improve the squad. But I don't think it'll take all that money to do that. It's up to me whether I spend that amount or not."

McGeady travelled to Moscow with his agent and girlfriend yesterday.

Spartak are a club in turmoil after plunging to eighth place in the Russian League.

Coach Valeri Karpin could be sacked if they lose to leaders Zenit St Petersburg this weekend.

Owner Leonid Fedun has been besieged by angry fans demanding he secures McGeady's signature.

But Lennon remains far from convinced that the winger will sign for Spartak.

He said: "He's in Moscow - that's as much as I know.

"He was a wee bit apprehensive but he's gone to have a look at the facilities and the stadium and see what Moscow can offer him.

"As far as I know he was travelling today to speak to Moscow and have a look at the club and the surroundings and take things from there.

"This has dragged on a bit longer than what we wanted.

"I'd like to think we'd get a definitive idea after this.

"I need to have a chat with him and see how he is. Does he still want to be here? Does he still want to play here? We'll have to take all that into consideration.

"He may want to play in the Premiership but you can't always get what you want."

:)

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3080645/Celtic-manager-admits-his-spending-in-dependent-on-Aiden-McGeady-leaving.html#ixzz0vbnbRONo

The Lennon press conference was on in the work when he was confirmed as manager. It may just be me but he mentions how he's in charge, it's up to me etc, in every single thing you see from him. He's probably being pressed by journalists, but saying you're in control is the way to look least like it. I'm honestly not sure NL will have the mentality, specifically the guile, if and when things start to go wrong.

This whole affair could be the key to the title this year.

If the Glaswegian is bribed to go to Moscow (much like Hutton to Spurs) it could release funds for the WGB (wee ginger bigot) to actually buy one or two decent players which could be what they need to get ahead of us this year.

If he decides not to go at all, I will be delighted and I will be far more confident of 54.

Surely the English teams have seen enough of his final ball and shooting to kow he is worth nothing like that amount of money, perhaps the Russkies have only seen his agents dvd of that one turn v sheepy against a player making his first game back in 9 months.

So far they have spent �£5.5 million net , they have still to agree Mowbary's pay off and the possibility of no C/L money again , also tonights game is a free on their season tickets , also they have to account for the millions they spent in January on the duds like Rogne ,Yong , Rasmussen ,Hoiveld etc and they say we are in the shitter .......

didnt think they had spent anything like that, net.

Any figures for the ins and outs?

Not doubting you, and will be delighted if they have indeed already blown �£5.5M on that shower of garbage they have bought so far, but I had thought they were not much past even so far.

TB : They havent really sold anyone (McManus aside) and the other players they lost were loanees.

They have brought in :

Murphy - 1.5 mill

Juarez - 2-4 mill - depends on who you believe

Cha du Ri - 1 mill ?

Ledley - free

Hooper - 2 mill

Not sure who else but even with just the above you are looking at 5.5 mill !

TB : They havent really sold anyone (McManus aside) and the other players they lost were loanees.

They have brought in :

Murphy - 1.5 mill

Juarez - 2-4 mill - depends on who you believe

Cha du Ri - 1 mill ?

Ledley - free

Hooper - 2 mill

Not sure who else but even with just the above you are looking at 5.5 mill !

Didn't they pay �£2m for du Ri and 900k for Hooper?