McGeady primed for Moscow move

Looks like Tattie face is going

Aiden McGeady will return to Russia within the next 48 hours to clinch his �£9.5million exit to Spartak Moscow, Celtic boss Neil Lennon revealed last night.

Insisting the winger's preferred move to England had failed to materialise, Lennon immediately set his sights on using the transfer cash to bring new faces to Parkhead.

Moving on: Aiden McGeady is set to sign for Spartak Moscow

Moving on: Aiden McGeady is set to sign for Spartak Moscow

McGeady, who will sign a four-year deal worth around �£50,000-a-week once he completes a medical, made an emotional farewell to players and staff at Celtic's Lennoxtown training complex at the weekend.

'He's going to Moscow in the next couple of days to get it finalised,' said Lennon, after yesterday's 2-1 defeat to Blackburn Rovers at Parkhead.

'In that respect, the sooner it is done and put to bed the better. Having spoken to Aiden yesterday, he seems more settled about the idea. You never know what might happen but, from what I gather, it should get done over the next couple of days.

'Aiden was in yesterday and more or less said his goodbyes, so we'll see how that develops over the next couple of days.

'I won't be relieved when it's done because I'll be losing my best player. No one wants to do that but we feel it's good money for a top player.'

McGeady had been linked with Aston Villa but Lennon repeated a well-worn mantra when he said: 'It's not England but you can't always get what you want in football.

'He's going to a big club in a big city with a decent pedigree and it might develop him. This is what he wanted, so all we can do is wish him the best.'

Lennon claims he will be given all the cash from McGeady's sale - the biggest outgoing transfer in Scottish football history - for new players, with Stoke winger Liam Lawrence, Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson and Valladolid keeper Jacobo Sanz among his targets.

'I'm not optimistic we'll have a new face before Saturday but we will work away to see if we can bring in not just one but maybe a couple,' Lennon sai.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301459/Celtic-star-Aiden-McGeady-set-seal-9-5m-Spartak-Moscow-move.html#ixzz0w5sCH2KH

Delighted to see the wee traitor banished. He won't last long there anyway and hopefully will fade away into obscurity.

We all see things differently,thankfully, but I'd rather see the wee scrote stay,denying the wee Lurgan bigot any more cash,and I never worry facing the BHEASTS with tattie face in the team

We all see things differently,thankfully, but I'd rather see the wee scrote stay,denying the wee Lurgan bigot any more cash,and I never worry facing the BHEASTS with tattie face in the team

That's how I see things. He's an average player who has all the tricks but no end ball. I thought he'd knock back the move to Moscow but hey ho.

Guest Guivarc'h

Too many people in this thread towing the Rangers supporter party line i.e. McGeady is pish. He is Celtic's best player by a mile and i'm very happy he's going

Too many people in this thread towing the Rangers supporter party line i.e. McGeady is pish. He is Celtic's best player by a mile and i'm very happy he's going

Too many people having an opinion on a players ability :)

I regularly speak with Celtic fans on another forum and they rate him about as highly as we do nowadays.

In the last two seasons especially he's been no more than average and while he does possess decent talent, he flatters to deceive in bigger matches. As such, if they are getting �£9.5million for him, I'm more worried about what they'll do with that as opposed to what McGeady would do this season.

I regularly speak with Celtic fans on another forum and they rate him about as highly as we do nowadays.

In the last two seasons especially he's been no more than average and while he does possess decent talent, he flatters to deceive in bigger matches. As such, if they are getting �£9.5million for him, I'm more worried about what they'll do with that as opposed to what McGeady would do this season.

What exactly have the BHEASTS won in the last two seasons with tattie face in the team?, him leaving is more beneficial to them than him staying, only my humble opinion of course:whistle: