Rangers have agreed a �£1.5million fee with Stoke City for James Beattie.

Bloody hell, you do hit out with the obscure quotes. But I can see the point. Perhaps it's my relative youth, but I still think moaning's just what you do when you've not got the energy for action :D

Bloody hell, you do hit out with the obscure quotes. But I can see the point. Perhaps it's my relative youth, but I still think moaning's just what you do when you've not got the energy for action :D

The pen is mightier than the sword, thought is the mother and father of all creation.

ETA......there are many mature people who do not have the experience of the most callow youth, because the youth has learned from experience and the elder has not.

Edited by wabashcannonball

You see it as utopia, I see it as respect for the traditions and history of our great Club, Rangers.

Then you only see the good things. Do you honestly belief that Bill Struth never thought to himself:" I got that wrong." Positive images are remembered for ever which may be translated as tradition. Yes we have a great history but in history there has been good and bad in every time period.

What action have you ever taken?

The most difficult job in the world is educating those who already think they know ... but don't .... particularly those who protect their ignorance by condemning experience as pointless.

Are you looking in the mirror mate.

Then you only see the good things. Do you honestly belief that Bill Struth never thought to himself:" I got that wrong." Positive images are remembered for ever which may be translated as tradition. Yes we have a great history but in history there has been good and bad in every time period.

No I see it as history and tradition, pure and simple.

No I see it as history and tradition, pure and simple.

Yes Okay What is your history and tradition. Georgie Young coming on to the field with his head bandaged up? That happens today except they can stitch wounds up these days.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

I really dont understand this Rangers traditionalist view.

When did anything become tradition at the club? The club of the 60's resembled little the club of the 20's. The club of the 20's resembled little the club at it's foundation. When did the cut off come and nothing was ever allowed to change after that point?

The club has evolved to suit it's environment from the first time a ball was kicked. That it still does evolve should be no surprise, Rangers has always and will always change.

The people who cry 'we are not what we once were!!', We are not what we once were when exactly? did you arbitrarily pick a year and that is how the club is to continue ad infinitum? did you pick a year that you think we should hold as the fountain of future endevour? Should the club not evolve to suit it's surroundings but hold to views that are long out-dated in the context of modern sport?

Ask yourself a question, would Struth have held to values from 30 years before his birth if he thought they were not the best idea for the club or would/did Struth employ current values and contempory thinking to make the best of his job?