Rangers have agreed a �£1.5million fee with Stoke City for James Beattie.

As I can't be bothered reading the whole thread I'll air my feelings about Beattie. Don't want him cause that would be another injury prone player in the squad. 5 years ago I would have been pleased to have him but not now. Our training methods always seem to get players out for months on end, not saying its bad training methods but some players just don't seem able to cope e.g. Beasley. If he did sign them I wouldn't be happy, feel we are taking a step backwards and think we would be lucky to get 25/30 games out of him.

34 years at the helm of Rangers and a trophy haul that would make a blind man's eyes water, says Mr Struth was right and you are wrong.

I am not saying Mr Struth was not a fantastic manager. I am saying if he was to be a good manager today he would have to have more modern ideas and not the same morals as he did then. If you think that is wrong then i believe you are wrong. Those old morals blew out the window with the Bosman challenge. As i said i wish we could get back to a system where clubs are the boss but pay all players fair wages which is on a par with what they actually do.

I am not saying Mr Struth was not a fantastic manager. I am saying if he was to be a good manager today he would have to have more modern ideas and not the same morals as he did then. If you think that is wrong then i believe you are wrong. Those old morals blew out the window with the Bosman challenge. As i said i wish we could get back to a system where clubs are the boss but pay all players fair wages which is on a par with what they actually do.

The idea that Bill Struth couldn't have succeeded in the modern era without compromising the qualities and standards that made him one of the greatest managers in the world is, frankly, shameful. Rangers fans have become so easily dislocated from the pride of our past that it's clear Murray has succeeded in his efforts to sanitise and re-invent something that wa already too good for the likes of him.

Morals don't blow out any windows. Morals are timeless. People change and it's clear to me the only problem Bill Struth would have today is trying to understand what happened to Rangers supporters.

From the film "The usual suspects"

Who is David Murray? He is supposed to be a business man. Some say his father was a rangers supporter. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Jim Traynor tell it, anybody could have worked for Murray. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick that Murray ever pulled was convincing the world Rangers didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

The idea that Bill Struth couldn't have succeeded in the modern era without compromising the qualities and standards that made him one of the greatest managers in the world is, frankly, shameful. Rangers fans have become so easily dislocated from the pride of our past that it's clear Murray has succeeded in his efforts to sanitise and re-invent something that wa already too good for the likes of him.

Morals don't blow out any windows. Morals are timeless. People change and it's clear to me the only problem Bill Struth would have today is trying to understand what happened to Rangers supporters.

Times Change. People Change. You are a Business man you say. Do you accept the same standard of work as in the seventies. Nothing to do with Rangers supporters changing. Professional football has changed. Managers can no longer say to players you will earn this and expect them to be thankful for the offer. The Eagle signing proved that. Managers don't deal with players they deal with agents. Bill Struth is a Legend and always will be a Legend but i am afraid money plays a far bigger role in today's society as it did when he managed. You find that shameful well so do i but it is the modern world. Don't blame Rangers supporters for the change in society. You and Washbash seem to think if you mention Bill Struth it makes you a super supporter. It doesn't it just makes you older than the rest.

Pete , your missing the whole point of Rangers , I dont want to patronize you or any other fan but we are not any club , I read the gallant pioneers recently and was embaressed at how little I knew , forum's like vanguard bears are amazing though hard core they dont miss the point .The chapter on William MacBeath had me in tears on so many levels , but you wont find VB mentioned ever on FF ( banned yet again - non football this time and the last ), nor The Gallant Pioneers website.

Mr Struth realised what it meant to be a Ranger , and what that sacred duty brought , unfortunately these over paid prima donna's dont

Times Change. People Change. You are a Business man you say. Do you accept the same standard of work as in the seventies. Nothing to do with Rangers supporters changing. Professional football has changed. Managers can no longer say to players you will earn this and expect them to be thankful for the offer. The Eagle signing proved that. Managers don't deal with players they deal with agents. Bill Struth is a Legend and always will be a Legend but i am afraid money plays a far bigger role in today's society as it did when he managed. You find that shameful well so do i but it is the modern world. Don't blame Rangers supporters for the change in society. You and Washbash seem to think if you mention Bill Struth it makes you a super supporter. It doesn't it just makes you older than the rest.

I don't believe MF blamed Rangers supporters for the ills of society, he simply pointed out the change in the attitude of the support, the majority now have known nothing other than Murray. Rangers is built on tradition, some of us still hold those traditions dear...no one, manager, owner, player or fan is or ever will be bigger than or above those traditions, despite the mismanagement of Murray and divisory tactics of him and his paid cohorts.

Rangers are Rangers, simples.

I don't believe MF blamed Rangers supporters for the ills of society, he simply pointed out the change in the attitude of the support, the majority now have known nothing other than Murray. Rangers is built on tradition, some of us still hold those traditions dear...no one, manager, owner, player or fan is or ever will be bigger than or above those traditions, despite the mismanagement of Murray and divisory tactics of him and his paid cohorts.

Rangers are Rangers, simples.

I really hate to use the thanks button with your posts , so take this as a compliment lol