We will soon find out , he's in the squad for tomorrow

I should hope so too. He's had a full pre-season under his belt although I'm not sure how many games or even minutes he played for Stoke as he wasn't Pulis' favourite player.

I think I'd rather have Beattie than that clown Kenwyne Jones.

I think he will be a good signing for us, he has showed in previous seasons he knows where the back of the net is and maybe this is just the new lease of life he needs. I'm actually quite excited by the signing maybe thats just because we've not seen it in 2 years! :) Just wait till he scores againsts the micks he will be an instant hero! :robbo:

Guest Northampton_loyalist
I hope he does well but signing players at this stage in their career is disappointing from Rangers. Just more mend and make do.

We agree for once!!

Very mixed feelings here. I dont doubt he will do well, his ability is not a problem for me and I would imagine he is relishing the chance to win some silverware from his career but I cant get into thinking this is a good move considering our problems. He will not offer us a return in terms of sell on value and his stay with us will not be long. he represents a risk as players get more prone to injury as they age and it looks very much like settling for a guy rather than actively huinting him down.

As ever though, the second he crosses the white line he will get full backing. Smith, by now, has surely earned the right to spend money as he sees fit, not how I or anyone else sees fit. Lets hope it works out for us all.

Edited by Northampton_loyalist