Thoughts on Beattie's performance?

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire

We have to give the guy a chance as Walter said the rest of our players are about six games in front of him in terms of fitness I seen some glimpses from him that IMO showed once he get those up and builds an understanding with the players round about him he good be a good acquisition

Guest warrior1690

keeping an open mind on him but get that feeling it aint going to happen.at least he put lafferty on his mettle he was MOM for me.thought defensively at times we were chronic.

Thought he did fine, lots of effort but a lack of sharpness, which is understandable, given that he has really been frozen out at Stoke since December.

Should have scored when put clean through, but worked hard and had a decent touch for being so off the pace.

I am hoping and expecting better things in the coming weeks, although I am not sure I would play him at Easter Road from the start, as generally the pace of this game would probably catch him out, but with another week's training and perhaps a closed doors game in midweek, he should quickly get up to speed.

Got to try to be supportive and understanding at a new players debut at least!!

People are saying he needs to settle in. Lafferty has had 2 full seasons to settle in and people are still giving him time! Beattie hasn't got time on his side.

You dont like Kyle do you! :D

Edited by Gribz

We have to give the guy a chance as Walter said the rest of our players are about six games in front of him in terms of fitness I seen some glimpses from him that IMO showed once he get those up and builds an understanding with the players round about him he good be a good acquisition

spot on with that tbh :)

Easy to be harsh as he was awful at times but it is just his first game so happy to be patient.

His lack of pace is a real worry though although he was quite adept at working the channels and finding space.

I thought he would have had as much of a preseason as anyone else only to find out later he had only played 2 x 45min since last season. So that explains why he looked so short of fitness. Apart from that I thought he showed that he had a decent touch and from my first impression it looks like he will get better.

Easy to be harsh as he was awful at times but it is just his first game so happy to be patient.

His lack of pace is a real worry though although he was quite adept at working the channels and finding space.

If he had pace he would still be playing in the EPL. However, since Boyd could do a job and be relatively successful without any pace at all, I don't see why Beattie can't do well enough. It's all relative, if we had better players we wouldn't be a team aspiring to be second rate.

Boyd looked like Bolt compared to Beattie mate...

Like you say though, the game isn't all about pace and Miller (and/or dare I say it Jelavic) should provide the brawn for Beattie's poaching skills but I didn't fancy the lad before he signed and still don't after seeing him the flesh.

Time will tell and I hope he proves me wrong.