how great is it

to be excited when someone picks up the ball? :robbo: for all our many virtues in the past few seasons, flair hasn't been one. i remember just getting that amazing feeling of ancitipation when gazza or laudrup picked up the ball and starts going forward. obviously the wee dude's not in their class, but it's just a a great feeling to have that wee bit of excited anticipation when someone picks up the ball. gaz is probably best positioned to answer, but is it still illegal to kidnap people and not allow them to go back to their own clubs?

realise it's a bit much after just 25 minutes, but we've all been craving a wee bit of flair and it's good to have someone at least with the potential to do something unusual. :spl:

Weiss' 1st couple of touches saw him skin two Hibees. The only other player who can do that is Lafferty when he stumbles over the ball, it then skips past a defender or two but no one is there to pick up possesion because Lafferty fell on his arse 10 yards further back.

Bmck, if you want to kidnap Weiss then go for it. I'll not dob you in. :D

For the first time in years, I seen fellow members of my RSC with big smiles on their faces after seeing a Rangers player take on 2 defenders and beat them with s already, heer skill. The anticipation as the boy spent about 10 minutes getting "the clipboard" as we were about to see a real winger take the field, and then that anticipation turn to joy when, with his first touch win a good physical tackle, beat 2 players and put in a decent ball. We were still rubbing our hands at that when he played a lovely 1-2 with Davis and set up Miller for a tap-in to seal the game.

It was great to be talking about skillful play on the way back to the buses, and not just the usual " we toughed it out" or "we did enough" that we have been used to.

to be excited when someone picks up the ball? :robbo: for all our many virtues in the past few seasons, flair hasn't been one. i remember just getting that amazing feeling of ancitipation when gazza or laudrup picked up the ball and starts going forward. obviously the wee dude's not in their class, but it's just a a great feeling to have that wee bit of excited anticipation when someone picks up the ball. gaz is probably best positioned to answer, but is it still illegal to kidnap people and not allow them to go back to their own clubs?

realise it's a bit much after just 25 minutes, but we've all been craving a wee bit of flair and it's good to have someone at least with the potential to do something unusual. :spl:

I remember the other day we both said we are looking forward to Jelavic signing as we got a good feeling. Then you said you like unknown in the hopes we have a next Laudrup. Whilst Laudrup was in a class of his own this Weiss kid does still give that exciting feeling even though he has only played 25 mins. But he was MOTM 3 times at the WC and he wouldnt have been at Man City if he didnt have talent.

I'm a long way from home and haven't seen the game but let's wait until he's played half a dozen games before making too many claims about young Weiss. From what I've heard and read, he obviously has ability but he'll need to show it on the park for more than 30 minutes and should be given space to prove himself before we place too much expectation on his shoulders.

I remember Lee Martin being even better on his debut for us a few years back while on loan...

Weiss will find his path to glory well blocked each weak with defenders and midfielders all too willing to mark him out of the game and/or physically rough him up.

I fell he has the talent to take this in his stride but one good game does not a player make.

I'm a long way from home and haven't seen the game but let's wait until he's played half a dozen games before making too many claims about young Weiss. From what I've heard and read, he obviously has ability but he'll need to show it on the park for more than 30 minutes and should be given space to prove himself before we place too much expectation on his shoulders.

Totally agree. Enthusiasm was a bit exuberant in the aftermath of the game. We'll need to see it over a period, but nonetheless that wee feeling of anticipation when someone gets the ball was great :D

Weiss's touch when he took the return from Davies was pure quality. It's things like that that can change a game and what we've all been craving to see the last few years. I've no doubts the boy can produce it regulary.