Miller in pay cut shock!!

Guest Flying Hippo

Again this seems quite bizarre as Newcastle never deviate from 4-5-1 and Carroll is never going to be dropped

It's also very difficult to understand how it's "impossible" for us to pay him the same wage, yet we've just spent �£4 million on someone

I posted something along these lines last week and was shot down in flames by a few members.

I'm not saying the story is true because it appeared in a shite tabloid newspaper but maybe now people will sit up and take notice, even if it is just a little.

Guest Flying Hippo
I posted something along these lines last week and was shot down in flames by a few members.

I'm not saying the story is true because it appeared in a shite tabloid newspaper but maybe now people will sit up and take notice, even if it is just a little.

The tabloids may be using the exact same rumours though. I've heard from about 6 random different people in the last 2 months that Newcastle want Miller. Question would have to be why haven't they made a bid yet then?

The tabloids may be using the exact same rumours though. I've heard from about 6 random different people in the last 2 months that Newcastle want Miller. Question would have to be why haven't they made a bid yet then? And how do they plan on fitting him in when Hughton never deviates from 4-5-1 and Carroll is pretty much undroppable?

I've not heard the Miller Newcastle rumour. Maybe Houghton would play him on the right of midfield. There could be a hundred and one reasons why Houghton wants Miller at Newcastle.

While I dont believe a word that comes out of the daily rhebel, this is what I was hoping, but not expecting, the club to offer Miller.

It is quite clear the only reason he came back to Rangers was for family reasons as he wants to live back in Edinburgh with his family.

With only us and the tims financially able to afford him, and he wont be going back there, he either uproots his family again, which is not what he wants to do, or stays with us on reduced terms reflecting his age and our budget.

There is no way we should be giving a pay rise to someone the wrong side of 30, especially someone who has been in England and didnt cut it there.

As far as I see, we hold all the aces in this one, I just didnt expect anyone at our club to realise it.

While I dont believe a word that comes out of the daily rhebel, this is what I was hoping, but not expecting, the club to offer Miller.

It is quite clear the only reason he came back to Rangers was for family reasons as he wants to live back in Edinburgh with his family.

With only us and the tims financially able to afford him, and he wont be going back there, he either uproots his family again, which is not what he wants to do, or stays with us on reduced terms reflecting his age and our budget.

There is no way we should be giving a pay rise to someone the wrong side of 30, especially someone who has been in England and didnt cut it there.

As far as I see, we hold all the aces in this one, I just didnt expect anyone at our club to realise it.

While I don't see Miller as being a huge success down in England I certainly don't think he "didn't cut it".

For Wolves, Miller played 167 games for Wolves and scored 52 goals. For Derby, he played 30 games and scored 4.

In total he played 197 games and scored 56 goals. That equates to a goal every 3.5 games. Again, not great for a striker but a decent return for two poor EPL sides at the time.

FWIW, during his first spell at Rangers, he played 30 games and scored 8 goals - 5 of those being in one game. During the 00/01 season we were whipping just about every team we played. So you could say Miller didn't cut it for us.

Edited by Gazza_8