Euan Cameron replies to Stan 'the dogger' Collymore

For anyone who doesn't know, Collymore called our tactics on Tuesday night a disgrace. Here's Euan Camerons view on our tactics and Stan Collymore. The last line is a belter.

I'm going to keep my blog short and sweet this week.

Scottish football has been getting dog’s abuse for the last few months but not anymore. Rangers have restored some much needed pride after their brilliant 0-0 draw against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford on Matchday One of the Champions League.

Our European club campaign got off to the worst possible start with Celtic, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Hibs all crashing out before we’d all returned from our summer holidays. I did expect a lot more from the Hoops though. Their capitulation to Braga and Utrecht gave the gutter snipes in the media, especially down south, an opportunity to have a right good laugh at our game in Scotland.

So there was no great surprise when those very same media people had the cheek and audacity to slag off Rangers for ‘parking the bus’ at the Theatre of Dreams and getting a superb result. Who do they think they are?

Stan Collymore was one of the main culprits with his lambasting of Walter Smith’s tactics. He’s got a cheek. Like a rabid dog he tore shreds out of Rangers. Stan, before shouting your mouth off about Rangers please take a closer look at your over-hyped Premiership and its many substandard clubs.

I could bore you all with the many discrepancies between Man Utd and Rangers financially but I won't bother as any halfwit with half a brain can see the gulf in class on the pitch and in the spending power of each team. Instead I will show up Mr Collymore for what he is and the word begins with a capital 'H'.

Were Walter Smith's tactics unique to him when going to one of the biggest club teams in the world? Stan, I’ll let the Man Utd and England captain Rio Ferdinand answer that question for you;

“Rangers came here to set their stall up and defend and maybe nick a goal on the counter attack and you have to respect that. They did well at what they came to do but we had some shots on the edge of the box. Our final ball probably wasn’t as good as it should’ve been today to get the three points. Saying that, we had a few shots that went close from outside the box.”

Ferdinand also explained that United had anticipated the Scottish champions would take that approach to the game and play for the draw at Old Trafford.

“We expected it, we knew they’d come and play with one up front but we’ve had that for a long time. A lot of clubs come here and do that and we deal with it, but today we just didn’t manage to get the goal we wanted.”

Stan, here's another little bit of info for you.

One of the greatest managers in recent times apologised to the fans for ‘parking the bus’ against Man Utd in the Champions League at the San Siro in 2009. Who do you think it was?

I’ll give you another little clue to his name. The date: Wednesday, 28th April, 2010. The venue: Nou Camp. The game: Barcelona v Inter Milan. The stats: Possession - Barca 76%. Inter 24%. The Italians didn’t have one shot on or off target in the entire 90 minutes. His tactics were described as a 'defensive masterclass'.

Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben was also very critical of the negative tactics of the manager in question. The Dutch winger said that the Portuguese manager ''is only interested in winning and does not care about his teams style of play''.

Dutch legend Johan Cruyff believes that this man 'has a duty to produce a team that not only wins, but also entertains'.

Cruyff went onto say: "He's a very good practical coach. But in his position he should think about the performances too. The result is not the only thing a big team should be thinking about."

The info keeps coming Stan... Real Madrid beat Osasuna 1-0 at home on the opening weekend of La Liga thanks to a second-half goal from new signing Ricardo Carvalho. As the team left the pitch at the end of the scoreless first half, though, Real Madrid fans 'jeered' the defensive style of football.

Guessed who the manager is yet? Still struggling to sniff out the answer? I’ll give you another clue to this former Premiership manager that parted ways with a London club: "The board, Roman Abramovich and the directors were frustrated by the results this season and also the style of play. They wanted stylish football. They wanted football which appealed to the world and they weren't getting it."

Stan, here's the killer quote from YOU on May 23rd, 2010 in The Mirror newspaper: "Hero of the weekend is ???????????. The ex-Chelsea boss is a managerial genius as he underlined by winning the Champions League with Inter Milan."

Stan, the answer to all the above clues is the ‘Special One’ Jose Mourinho whose defensive style is widely sneered at. But his 'hard to beat' tactics are also praised by pundits all over the world and by YOU! The word that springs to mind is hypocrite.

Now given the above facts, stats and quotes do you not now feel like a prized plum for your over the top reaction to the Scottish champions defensive display against a starting 11 that cost over �£90 million?

Stan, you stick to the car park and we’ll stick to football.

Hats off to Euan.

Edited by Gazza_8